Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 06-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: TT
Talking C-Net News.com - TuPalMX

Someone ask for it..

C-Net News.com
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_cnet.php

Greetings from Mexico

Samuel F. Montalvo
MComm / TuPalMX
Guadalajara, Jalisco MEXICO
Old 06-23-2004, 01:19 AM   #2
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Thanks you very much.
Advert
Old 06-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #3
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess the problem with the CNet channel is that it checks for the IP of request... and it must be from an AvantGo server.

The URL that AvantGo uses is:
http://pshost.avantgo.net/channels/cnet/index.html
but if you try to use it, it never loads (at least that's what happen on my PC).

I tought than the UserAgent was the problem, so I switch it to:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Avantgo 5.2; FreeBSD)
but it never loads... that's why Im guessing about the IP/server combination.

And that's the reason of creating this channel at TuPalMX:
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_cnet.php

Greetings from Mexico

Samuel F. Montalvo
MComm / TuPalMX
Guadalajara, Jalisco MEXICO
Old 06-23-2004, 02:32 AM   #4
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
You're really going to make yourself popular if you carry on like this!
Now how about a real challenge..... http://www.foxnews.com
Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Great work again, Montalvo!!
Advert
Old 06-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #6
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Great work. Could be even better if it's listed per category just as the AvantGo version is. Thanks still.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:18 PM   #7
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
:
Old 06-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #8
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

Device: TH55
Nice work Samuel!

To all: before converting make sure you turn off images in isiloX, otherwise you will get a huge file size because of the advertisements.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Another way to do it, is simple to REDUCE the ColorDepth to 8 or 4 bit images (I personally use GrayScale) and set Compression to LossyImagesOnly, with a LossyImageQuality of 75.

With these settings, the generated file is around 280Kb.

Greetings from Mexico

Samuel F. Montalvo
MComm / TuPalMX
Guadalajara, Jalisco
http://tupalmx.com
Old 06-23-2004, 06:19 PM   #10
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

I just converted this and did this.

I took this http://adlog.com.com/ and set it as an exclusion.

Size was 138K and all the other images,except ads,were there.

Peace,

David
Old 06-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #11
broth
broth began at the beginning.

I have been using this link for a while:

http://news.com.com/2162-12_3-0.html
Old 06-26-2004, 03:25 AM   #12
starbuckk
Enthusiast
starbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth
I have been using this link for a while:

http://news.com.com/2162-12_3-0.html
What are you using for a user agent? That site works great on my laptop, but through NetFront on the PDA it gives me "Invalid network settings".
Old 06-26-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
broth
broth began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuckk
What are you using for a user agent? That site works great on my laptop, but through NetFront on the PDA it gives me "Invalid network settings".
I use Isilo.