Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
summerluvr2
summerluvr2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
update 0.8.51 error

I got Calibre2 on May 9, 2012. I received an update noticed today and I tried to download the update, 0.8.51, to no avail. All I get is the error message “Sorry we have encountered an error. Please try again later.” I have Windows 7 and Explorer 9 with all the current updates. I tried downloading the Calibre update with Calibre program both opened and closed to no avail. I did report the bug through the "report a bug" site. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!
summerluvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerluvr2 View Post
I got Calibre2 on May 9, 2012. I received an update noticed today and I tried to download the update, 0.8.51, to no avail. All I get is the error message “Sorry we have encountered an error. Please try again later.” I have Windows 7 and Explorer 9 with all the current updates. I tried downloading the Calibre update with Calibre program both opened and closed to no avail. I did report the bug through the "report a bug" site. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!
a) Turn OFF any download manager.
b)Try the alternate site. The link is in the text just below the big print.
(link not given here so you know you have an official version )

Be sure to get the Windows version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
summerluvr2

Thanks but I tried that before I posted the message. I did receive a reply from "bug report" with the solution that worked.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
anishtain4
anishtain4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Glad your problem solved but dude, seriously, internet explorer?
anishtain4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
summerluvr2

First it's not "dude" as I am a women, so it's dudette. Second, I have had Internet Explorer since I got my first computer in 1998 and I have NEVER had any problems.
Advert

Tags
update problems