Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Older books into eBooks?

I know there are quite a few older books that have not yet been converted to either ePub or mobi format, I was wondering is there any information we as consumers can find as to "upcoming eBooks"? I know that the Amazon site has a link to request a book be made in eBook format when a publisher doesn't have a title available, but I'd like to see a list or something of older books that publishers are actually planning on making into eBooks.

If this pie in the sky? At least if I knew some old book I wanted to read was "coming soon" in ebook format I could look forward to it.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I know there are quite a few older books that have not yet been converted to either ePub or mobi format, I was wondering is there any information we as consumers can find as to "upcoming eBooks"? I know that the Amazon site has a link to request a book be made in eBook format when a publisher doesn't have a title available, but I'd like to see a list or something of older books that publishers are actually planning on making into eBooks.

If this pie in the sky? At least if I knew some old book I wanted to read was "coming soon" in ebook format I could look forward to it.
As far as I can tell clicking on that link at Amazon means nothing as far as hastening appearance of the book as an ebook. I still do it though. When any book still in copyright protection will appear as an ebook is anyone's guess? I know of no such coming attractions list.
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post

That's another issue that the publishers need to get resolved pretty quick. When someone wants to buy a book they haven't yet converted, the only recourse is to hit the torrents. Just because they haven't converted doesn't mean someone else hasn't. If the book is even fairly popular, someone has converted it.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I haven't seen anything like that yet. But I do use a wishlist on Amazon I call "not yet Kindled," and I imported that into Mysteria, and I get an email when a book is published for Kindle on Amazon.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Paper publishers with large backlists are still not committed to the ebook revolution. They grudgingly publish the new releases (sometimes with an intentional delay). Over time, when they (are forced to) embrace "this new thing", they will seek additional revenue stream of ebooking all their backlists. They will become more proficient in doing so and the cost of bringing it to the ereaders will be minimal.

Back to your question: no I also do not know of such planned backlist releases list.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert