Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
lady_morana
lady_morana began at the beginning.

Device: Axim V50, MobilePro 770
tracking books read history

Is there any way to track what books have been read or have been partially read? I know that Calibre remembers where you are at in a specific book, but can it make also list of the books that are only partially complete?

I have an extensive list of books on my netbook. Everything from Cookbooks to knitting books to romance books. I would like to be able to bookmark items to come back to them later - either recipe pages or where I left on in a romance before I opened a cook book. But with so many books on my device, I loose track of what book I was last reading.

Morana
lady_morana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No calibre does not know how to get position in book information from devices. Every device stores this info in a different way/place. In the case of some devices, this info is completely inaccessible via USB.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Philip36Fld
Enthusiast
Philip36Fld began at the beginning.

Device: none
I currently do not own an ereader of any sort, I have been reading books on my computer using Adobe Digital Reader and various pieces of software for Kindle, Kobo, Nook, etc. which is why I want to use one standard e-book viewer for the various formats.

As I have a large library of ebooks is there any way that I can see a smaller list consisting of only those books which I am currently reading, say by "checking them out of my library" and just managing that smaller subset of ebooks?
Philip36Fld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip36Fld View Post
is there any way that I can see a smaller list consisting of only those books which I am currently reading, say by "checking them out of my library" and just managing that smaller subset of ebooks?
Yes. Add a tag to the books and a saved search for that tag or add a #read user-defined custom column and search on that.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Philip36Fld
Enthusiast
Philip36Fld began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you, Starson17.
Philip36Fld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #6
lady_morana
lady_morana began at the beginning.

Device: Axim V50, MobilePro 770
It only needs to remember the place of the books that I am reading on the main program. the craft books and stuff...with the heavy graphics cannot be displayed properly on a book ready. So I read them within the calibre viewer.
lady_morana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracking history