Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Celebrating the Gods

Well - perhaps not .... Hollywood of Old

(Warning: some B&W photographs)

[BBC Web link]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Lucid_Dreamer
Andrew Kincaid
Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Photo's from a different era...they had a sense of style and a way of carrying themselves back then that few stars can match today. It was a sense of glamor, as my mom would say.
Lucid_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ Indeed. We were also a lot less cynical back then...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Lucid_Dreamer
Andrew Kincaid
Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Lucid_Dreamer is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Oh we definitely were. I find the constant cynicism and sensationalism grating. I'm one of those people who feels like they were born in the wrong era haha
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ I hear you totally. I often feel similarly, however, I am not sure I would trade the modern conveniences we have at our disposal these days for that kind of nostalgic living.

I know! Need to get crackin' on that time machine. I could pop back to the good old days for a wonderful dose of naivete whenever I wanted, but then zip forward to fly off to my swinging bachelor pad on Mars.
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Lucid_Dreamer
Andrew Kincaid

haha well, the only problem with nostalgia is that it looks through rose colored glasses. Probably in a lot of ways things are actually better now than they ever were (you wouldn't know it looking at the media though; they want you to be afraid, but then you don't sell stuff to content people do you? haha)
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

^ yeah, again very very true. Would any of us who didn't actually want to live through the Great Depression? Count me out...

Funny thing though - broaden one's personal perspective a bit and look at the history of humanity with an objective eye and IMO one will find we haven't necessarily changed all that much, at least not on the most basic of levels.

Indeed, the older I get, the more I realize that perhaps yes, Shakespeare basically did write every human story possible.

But man, I would have loved to party with Greta Garbo and Vivien Leigh
Old 07-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #8
Lucid_Dreamer
Andrew Kincaid

haha amen to that!

And I don't think things have changed all that much....because people haven't changed that much. Biologically speaking we're the same as our ancestors were tens of thousands of years ago. The biggest changes have been cultural and technological of course, but the same basic desires are always going to be there