Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
cococrou
cococrou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Download library books to Kindle

I thought I was pretty computer-savy until I went on this site and realized I have a LOT to learn

I just bought the Kindle and want to download library books onto the device, however the library only supports ePub. Can someone be so kind and post simple but detailed instructions on how to make this happen. . .

Thank you so much for taking the time to help!!!

cococrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
You can't put ePub library books on the Kindle. The Kindle software does not read ePub books at all.

Sorry.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
I think if you read the thread on this forum titled 'help for Kindle 6' you'll find a lot of information. I found it very helpful on this topic. (Sorry, if I knew how to put a link in I would have )
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Oh yeah, the ethical aspects are discussed pretty much everywhere on this forum if you want help with your moral compass!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
sbilek
sbilek has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle 3 wifi
fbkindle can help reading nonDRM epub on kindle. you can search forum. there is a topic about how to install fbkindle... it works for me, but i don't know if it work with drm protected epub file.
sbilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If reading library books is your priority, I would return the Kindle and get something like a Sony Reader in its place. Excellent though the Kindle is, it's not the device for this purpose.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I think this need to be a FAQ and stickied on top.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
cococrou
cococrou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you all for your responses! I have learned so much from MobileRead already and appreciate that you took the time to help me out
cococrou is offline   Reply With Quote