Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
dolphinboy
dolphinboy began at the beginning.

Device: Orange San Francisco / Microsoft PDA
Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), Calibre, and all my old .LIT files.

Sorry if cross posting is a no-no. Can't work out how to move previous post (in "Android" sub-forum)

Hi all,

For many years I have happily read ebooks on various microsoft PDAs, running MSReader. I consequently have rather a lot of .LIT files!

I recently got an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) running Android 2.1
This phone has a screen 3.5" 480x800 color AM-OLED LCD.

I've tried "Moon+" and "Aldiko" readers, both are fine, when I read correctly formatted books (converted to EPUB from HTML)

I'm in the process of converting the old LITs to EPUB. And the questions are,
1. What output profile is optimal in Calibre for my device?
2. What's the best input profile, as I'm havng problems with some of my LITs, where the formatting (in MSReader on PC) is fine when the smallest font setting is used.

Any pointers on where to look for this info will be greatly appreciated.

The Dolphin Boy.
dolphinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC there's a MSReader input profile, use that. The output profile wont matter, just use the default. Adjust your font size in the look & feel conversion options.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
dolphinboy
dolphinboy began at the beginning.

Device: Orange San Francisco / Microsoft PDA
THANKS! I'm doing all that apart from the font conversion. When the book is displayed in the smallest font, the formatting is correct. I can use the reader on the 'phone to increase the size of the text, but when I do that, I get the text wrapping and the existing line breaks occur in mid-line. I've a nasty feeling I need to convert back to HTML, remove all the line breaks, make sure the paragraph breaks are correct and go from there. Trouble is, I don't have any experience editing HTML, or any idea how to automate the process once I know what edits to do. Oh well, Google is my friend :-)
dolphinboy is offline   Reply With Quote