Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 08:30 PM   #646
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A Sage BW with a MediaTek processor and a Carta 1300 screen would be nice.
Yes, please!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:20 AM   #647
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Well, I just cancelled my order at Kobo.

Instead, I ordered from Chapters Indigo.

And the Kobo Libra Colour is $24 less!
I just took a peek at both Kobo's and Chapters Indigo's website and, for me, the Libra Colour is listed for the same CDN$249.99 price. I was hoping I might be able to save some money same as you but alas.

So I'll just keep my preorder from Kobo for now I guess.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2024, 10:57 AM   #648
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
In this part of this video, you can see the Libra Colour in dark mode.

https://youtu.be/Tt1Gpo8n9co?t=323
Can you please properly embed YT videos instead of a link that opens another tab? Just tell us the time to move to. Thanks.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:59 AM   #649
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
From Reddit, here's a pic with Paperwhite at 0% light and Libra color at 100% light, 0% warmth
You cannot use an [img] code with images from tapatalk. Please attache the image.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:00 AM   #650
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Here is another picture of the Paperwhite at 0% brightness and the Onyx Boox Tab Mini C at 50% (the Paperwhite is on the left).
And where is the PW?
Advert
Old 04-12-2024, 11:02 AM   #651
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A Sage BW with a MediaTek processor and a Carta 1300 screen would be nice.
And much more powerful battery.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:58 AM   #652
user105
user105 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2, pw2, sony prs 505
when would kobo historically release their next device?
with the new devices in spring, can we hope for a release cycle in autumn or next year spring?

i want to replace my old oasis, i am looking for maximised battery life, the new carta 1300 screen and with page turn buttons.
the libra 2 seems to have battery life that will not work for me, i used to have a sony prs and the kindles, and the moment i got the oasis i hated the low battery life.
user105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:32 PM   #653
patalex
patalex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma, pbTouch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And much more powerful battery.
I agreeeeeeeee !!!!!!
patalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:43 PM   #654
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
I just took a peek at both Kobo's and Chapters Indigo's website and, for me, the Libra Colour is listed for the same CDN$249.99 price. I was hoping I might be able to save some money same as you but alas.

So I'll just keep my preorder from Kobo for now I guess.
Yes, same price at $249.99, but Kobo was charging a total of $287 after taxes, and Indigo is 263$ Less taxes with Indigo. Why? I don't know.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:46 PM   #655
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Can you please properly embed YT videos instead of a link that opens another tab? Just tell us the time to move to. Thanks.
Many YouTubers don't let their videos be seen outside the YouTube platform. I just gave up checking. Sorry for the inconvenience.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:47 PM   #656
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patalex View Post
I agreeeeeeeee !!!!!!
But please not so powerful it makes the device any heavier. I'd rather charge more frequently than have it get heavier. I'm up for Carta 1300 though.

I love my Sage, battery is just fine. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is out in the woods all the time, or suffers frequent power outages, or who travels a lot, but otherwise, it's great. I read 1-3 books a week, and I'm not feeling any pain about putting it on the charger occasionally.

If it were a bulky, heavy device, I darn sure would be feeling pain, physical pain, not just some mental anguish over the second or so it takes to plug a USB-C device in!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM   #657
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Many YouTubers don't let their videos be seen outside the YouTube platform. I just gave up checking. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Some browsers also do this as well and the Mastodon insyance I use also does. Few people are bothered by it, but one person who is never fails to bring it up.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:39 PM   #658
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
And where is the PW?
It'd on the left in the image. With 0% brightness, it's just a black blob.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:41 PM   #659
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
But please not so powerful it makes the device any heavier. I'd rather charge more frequently than have it get heavier. I'm up for Carta 1300 though.
One of the reasons for moving to the MediaTek processors is that they have better power management than the Allwinner processors. This would reduce the need for a higher capacity battery.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:00 PM   #660
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Yes, same price at $249.99, but Kobo was charging a total of $287 after taxes, and Indigo is 263$ Less taxes with Indigo. Why? I don't know.
Something weird is going on with Indigo/Chapters's tax calculations. When I did a pre-order on the Libra Colour, it shows the GST as $12.53 which should be $12.50 (5%) while the PST shows as $1.40 (0.56%) which is more than a bit odd since local PST is 7% so should be $17.50 for a total of $279.99 which is exactly what I saw for a pre-order on Kobo.