Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 10:55 AM   #631
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I read exclusively in dark (inverted) mode. I'd be curious to see that comparison with the Libra 2
In this part of this video, you can see the Libra Colour in dark mode.

https://youtu.be/Tt1Gpo8n9co?t=323
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:20 AM   #632
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
On the upside the Libra Colour has native Dropbox support with no patching required. It's basically a better Sage (minus the need for frontlight)
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:45 AM   #633
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
On the upside the Libra Colour has native Dropbox support with no patching required. It's basically a better Sage (minus the need for frontlight)
Not a better Sage. The Sage is 8-inches, this one is smaller.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:17 PM   #634
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
From Reddit, here's a pic with Paperwhite at 0% light and Libra color at 100% light, 0% warmth
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:28 PM   #635
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
From Reddit, here's a pic with Paperwhite at 0% light and Libra color at 100% light, 0% warmth
Even at 100% light the screen is too dark for me. Nope, I won't be buying any Kaleido devices.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:49 PM   #636
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Here is another picture of the Paperwhite at 0% brightness and the Onyx Boox Tab Mini C at 50% (the Paperwhite is on the left).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240411_183924_11zon.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	207522  
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:16 PM   #637
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Wow -- even at 100% the background looks more gray than the Paperwhite w/ the light off -- I'm definitely more interested in the Clara BW w/ Carta 1300 now than the Kaleido screen.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:18 PM   #638
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyôdai View Post
I mean, the white case does not help, but yeah, without light the comparison is quite brutal... (pictures from Reddit.)
This is the commentary that accompanies these photos:

"I somehow got the Libra Color already, preordered it yesterday, arrived today. I have work, so won’t be able to test everything immediately. The photos are all without frontlight in a medium-bright room, Kindle Paperwhite as a comparison. The screen is noticeably darker, bit compared to the Inkapd Color 3 the Libra is way sharper, the color layer isn’t as visible and the contrast is so much better. It is a very impressive screen. Also the Libra is very snappy and the ergonomics are perfect. So far it seems like a winner".
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:47 PM   #639
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Those people now live in the dark ages.
Or possibly the Dark Pages
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:51 PM   #640
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Or possibly the Dark Pages

Old 04-11-2024, 02:14 PM   #641
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Not a better Sage. The Sage is 8-inches, this one is smaller.
I find the Sage heavy and its battery life is atrocious for reading. I lost 50% in four or five hours reading, and it's heavy to boot. If it's no better than using a tablet to read, battery life wise, I'd argue it fails as an eInk reader.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:21 PM   #642
Gone
Out of order

Well, I just cancelled my order at Kobo.

Instead, I ordered from Chapters Indigo.

And the Kobo Libra Colour is $24 less!

Last edited by Gone; 04-11-2024 at 08:36 PM. Reason: new order
Old 04-11-2024, 07:05 PM   #643
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
New Kobo coming? Which?

I preordered the white Libra Colour yesterday. I do a lot of annotation, so I’m excited to play with it. I’m disappointed to see the step backwards in screen whiteness at 0%, but I always have my backlight on (usually 15-33%), and the faster processor will be a step up for me from my first gen Elipsa.

I also have several art ebooks that I’m looking forward to testing out. One is an instruction book, so I’m curious to see how keeping it open with color and backlight on will compare to doing the same on my iPad.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:06 PM   #644
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I find the Sage heavy and its battery life is atrocious for reading. I lost 50% in four or five hours reading, and it's heavy to boot. If it's no better than using a tablet to read, battery life wise, I'd argue it fails as an eInk reader.
Not arguing with any of that (although my tablet is MUCH heavier than my Sage), my point is simply that the new device is NOT a "better Sage" because one of the distinctive features of the Sage is its screen size. This one may be a better reader in respect of battery life and weight, but it's not a better Sage.

Many of us were hoping for a better Sage, a device the same screen size that addressed the problems of the Sage. This is definitely not that. Not only is it smaller, its performance as a black and white reader looks A LOT worse than the Sage from the screenshots and comparison photos seen so far. A "better Sage" would not sacrifice screen real estate and screen brightness. I will keep hoping for a device that truly is a "better Sage".

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 04-11-2024 at 09:22 PM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:26 PM   #645
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A Sage BW with a MediaTek processor and a Carta 1300 screen would be nice.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote