Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Kindle Scribe Missing Highlight Feature?

Okay. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong here. I sent the first scribe back. Received a second with the same issue. Isn't the highlighter supposed to be in the toolbar? I have the button programed on the pen to be the highlighter when pressed but since it isn't in the toolbar...happens on every book. I uploaded a quick video. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong? I cannot imagine two devices with the same
issue..

https://youtu.be/uVUDqwLDFAs

Last edited by nremondelli; 12-28-2022 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Link not working
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:00 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Okay. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong here. I sent the first scribe back. Received a second with the same issue. Isn't the highlighter supposed to be in the toolbar? I have the button programed on the pen to be the highlighter when pressed but since it isn't in the toolbar...happens on every book. I uploaded a quick video. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong? I cannot imagine two devices with the same
issue..

https://youtu.be/uVUDqwLDFAs
What format is the book that you're trying to highlight? Do you have the same problem with every book on the device?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
They are all in Kindle format and it happens with each. But I did look at some reviews and from what I can tell you can't highlight books with the pen as a highlighter, am I right? When I look at reviews and they are covering the reading end of things, the toolbar seems to be lacking the highlighter function on the side too. It only works as a highlighter with notebooks? If so, that is really lame. I thought I would be able to highlight passages in books without having to use my finger...
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:28 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I don’t have a Scribe bit I believe you have to use the pen the same way you would use your finger to highlight a passage. Tap and hold to select a word, drag the handles to extend the selection, and then touch “Highlight”.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:56 PM   #5
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I don’t have a Scribe bit I believe you have to use the pen the same way you would use your finger to highlight a passage. Tap and hold to select a word, drag the handles to extend the selection, and then touch “Highlight”.
When I use the Scribe pen, it is as you describe, just like using my finger. I don't have to touch "Highlight" if what I've selected is more than five or more words. "Highlight" is not presented when I select more than five words and the passage I've selected with pen or finger is highlighted.

Last edited by JoeC; 12-28-2022 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Clarity.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 02:22 PM   #6
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
The highlighter feature in the pen menu only shows up when you’re editing PDFs or using in the notebook. All other books use your finger to highlight the section you want to highlight. There is no option to highlight with the pen directly on a book page. You can make sticky notes that’s it.

Sadly this is a restriction of the software not the Scribe itself. Your scribe is working perfectly fine.

Last edited by solitarywolf; 01-03-2023 at 02:38 PM.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote