Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-25-2024, 06:01 AM   #1
Caliber
Caliber began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation Q shortcut doesn't work if selection bar deselected

Hello,
i think it is a bug, basically if i deselect the option to visualize the selection bar in settings page, pressing Q doesn't highlight text. I'm using the latest version of calibre portable. Please fix this!!

Thanks
Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's not a bug. If you disable the selection controls, the selection controls are disabled, which includes shortcuts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:47 AM   #3
Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's not a bug. If you disable the selection controls, the selection controls are disabled, which includes shortcuts.
If there was an option to disable just the handles for the selection it would be perfect. The handles distract me so much, because to read i need to select text continuously.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The handles are needed for selection on touch screens, without them selection wouldnt be possible. The handles point upwards so unless you are reading from bottom to top they shouldnt interfere with selecting as you read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:50 PM   #5
Caliber

Tried to make handles hidden using css selectors and doesn't work. I will need to change software so...