Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-30-2023, 03:07 PM   #106
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
This is really only true if you stop buying books altogether. As long as you have stuff on your wish list to buy, then eventually you'll hit the next 300 point milestone.
This.

I have several wishlists on Amazon, like Too Expensive, Kindle Unlimited, Allowance, Wish List, To Watch, Series to Finish...

I keep an eye on them all, and every once in a while will sort each list from 'low to high' and find a few have gone free.

With sales, I creep up on the 300, and a double rewards day might get me to get a few more, and cut down on the price of those in the 'Too Expensive' list.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 04:29 PM   #107
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I look at the Rewards program as a ... well ... a reward, not some gimmick to get me to buy more books. I don't look for books to buy in order to earn points, but I do wait for a rewards day to buy the books I would buy anyway.

And if I want a book right away and it's not a rewards day, I'll just buy it anyway. And if it's a rewards day and there are no books I want to buy, I will pass on the reward.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how many points I've ended up earning and been able to use buying books I would have bought anyway. It's a nice bonus.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2023, 04:40 PM   #108
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
This is really only true if you stop buying books altogether. As long as you have stuff on your wish list to buy, then eventually you'll hit the next 300 point milestone.
It's not a $4 credit now; saying so just helps inflate perceptions of the discount. Kind of like how the Powerball jackpot number is inflated by graduated payments in an annuity. And "eventually", Amazon wins. The Rewards program ends and you can't roll over your bonus credits to get more credits or your points expire (or you're forced to make a purchase you'd have postponed). These factors also deflate the value of the discount.

I did say it was a worthwhile discount; anything is better than nothing at all. It's just not as good as Amazon wants people to believe (and obviously do). I personally like to know how a game's been fixed, that's all.

Compare it to the recurring Kobo promotion where you get a kickback on a gift card, which is a much better play for the buyer. Yes, you have to pay up front. But then you can wait on a sale price, if you want. There's no rounding in Kobo's favor. And, the gift card value doesn't expire. It's an honest, "what you see is what you get" promotion. Unlike Amazon's sleight of hand.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 02:11 AM   #109
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
August 3, double points. Someone put a drunken sailor in charge of Amazon's points program.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:03 PM   #110
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Amazon US: Spend $10 Aug 8-10, get 200 bonus points

Spend $10 on Kindle books between Aug 8 and Aug 10 and earn 200 bonus points. Activation required.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2023, 08:08 PM   #111
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
August 3, double points. Someone put a drunken sailor in charge of Amazon's points program.
Nope, it's ChatGPT all the way down.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:31 PM   #112
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon US 2x Kindle Points August 16

Here we go again:
Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books when you purchase between 12AM and 11:59PM PST on August 16.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:02 AM   #113
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Here we go again:
Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books when you purchase between 12AM and 11:59PM PST on August 16.
Thanks!
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:29 AM   #114
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Aug 22 to Aug 28:
Spend $20 to get 400 points, must activate offer first (https://www.amazon.com/kindlerewards)
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #115
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Double points tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:00 AM   #116
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

In case this might help someone:

I had 296 reward points, so this morning I bought two 1¢ kindle books and got two points each. Ka-ching, as the confirmation page says. For anyone else who needs to round up a bit, today's a good day for it.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:52 AM   #117
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Double points on September 8th - Amazon US

Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books when you purchase between 12AM and 11:59PM PST on September 8.
Old 09-07-2023, 03:56 PM   #118
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books when you purchase between 12AM and 11:59PM PST on September 8.
Finally! I have been waiting... minutes at least.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 04:57 PM   #119
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I’m holding out for the next spend $10/$15 promotion. Not $20; too much.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:23 PM   #120
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Kindle Points - Spend $20 Get 400 Pts

Spend $20 on Kindle books between Sept 12 and Sept 16 and earn 400 bonus points. (I didn’t get an email about this; I just happened to check my points.)
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote