Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-07-2023, 09:39 AM   #91
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Dave Duncan's four book A Man of His Word series is on sale, 1.99 a pop and Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore is $3. That's my $10 in one day. Then back to Kobo I schlep.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:43 AM   #92
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm just reporting what I saw. But I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon stretched the truth.
Hasn't it got to the point that it is surprising when they don't stretch the truth?

But to give the devil his due, that says "Prime Day Deal", it soesn't say anything about prime membership required.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 11:56 AM   #93
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I don't know. The Prime Exclusive up at the top of the image seems pretty clear to me. It was the title of the email.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #94
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Sorry, didn't notice, just homed in on the blue rectangle.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:23 PM   #95
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
It's funny because the subject line of my email is also "Prime Exclusive" and the email itself says "Prime Day Deal", but I'm not a Prime member!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:34 PM   #96
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
I'm a Prime member, and I am signed up for Kindle Rewards emails, but I've only gotten one about these things way back. So thanks for pointing them out!
Hollow Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #97
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I got it too, but mine says between July 6 and July 13. Given that everyone else seems to be July 12, I'd probably believe that...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 12:20 AM   #98
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
Just got an email. 2x Kindle Points when purchased between 12:00am and 11:59PST on July 14th
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #99
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Got the notice e-mail for 2x Kindle Points on July 25th (PST times as usual).
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:41 AM   #100
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
400 points for completeing the $20 punch card. Starts today, but didn't see when it ended.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:39 AM   #101
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
400 points for completeing the $20 punch card. Starts today, but didn't see when it ended.
Ends August 1. Be sure to activate!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #102
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Ends August 1. Be sure to activate!
July 31 for me.

I was hoping for another 200 for $10, or even 300 for 15. $20 is a lot for me to spend at once and nothing on my wishlist is all that compelling, i.e., it's all been sitting there for a long time.

I will probably hold out, although I also have got to start being aware of exploding points.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 09:36 PM   #103
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
$20 is a lot for me to spend at once and nothing on my wishlist is all that compelling, i.e., it's all been sitting there for a long time.
Same here, but I decided to go ahead simply because it's the best RoI. Even at 3x points, $20 spent only gets you $1.80 in credit. With the punch card, I get $4 in credit for $20 spent.

Overall, that's 20% off. I could just wait and hope for a 20% off (or better) sale on a few books on my list, but that may never happen.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:56 AM   #104
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Same here, but I decided to go ahead simply because it's the best RoI. Even at 3x points, $20 spent only gets you $1.80 in credit. With the punch card, I get $4 in credit for $20 spent.

Overall, that's 20% off. I could just wait and hope for a 20% off (or better) sale on a few books on my list, but that may never happen.
I wrote out a long post looking at the value of the discount which is somewhat less than 20%; at best, it's close to 19% taking into account the 60 points you also get. But a random touch wiped the post and I can't face doing it all again. In short, the value of the discount depends in how much you spend to get the 400 points and more perniciously, involves spending yet more money to be able to round up the 160 points on the first transaction combined with the points earned when spending the $3 credit you do get up front. Initially, the discount is only worth 13% at most, i.e., a $3 savings on purchases totaling $23. Calling it a $4 credit when you're going to have to spend more money to get that last buck is playing Amazon's game for them.

It reminds me of a pyramid scheme, because you have to keep spending more and more to use up the discounts earned each transaction. To get the maximum discount, you need to spend all your points on similar bonus days (not just 2X or 3X). And watch out for expiring points!

Of course you're right in that even 13% is a good discount on books that never go on sale. But sometimes I get tired of spending money to save money when it seems as if the savings never accrues. Anyway, I may hold out and hope for a 300 points bonus on a $15 purchase, which at least lets you cash out (mostly) right away (ignoring the 45 ordinary points).
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 01:03 PM   #105
nabsltd
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Calling it a $4 credit when you're going to have to spend more money to get that last buck is playing Amazon's game for them.
This is really only true if you stop buying books altogether. As long as you have stuff on your wish list to buy, then eventually you'll hit the next 300 point milestone.