Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-11-2023, 05:33 PM   #1
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Independent File Preview Window resizes when moving File Browser WIndow

I am a long-time user of Calibre Editing on a Mac computer. I have recently moved to Windows 11 on a PC.

I find that if I uncouple the Preview window when editing a book, if I move the Browser window, the preview window resizes until it shows virtually nothing.

If I dock the preview window into the editor, all is good.

Is this how life is on the windows version, or is there some setting I should have that prevents this resizing?
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:38 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Going by the number of complaints that I've seen about that behaviour, the culprit seems to be an issue with the new version of QT.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2023, 08:53 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, its a Qt on windows issue. There are a whole bunch of such resize related issues with the new Qt. Hopefully it will eventually be fixed in Qt. I spent the last week seeing if updating Qt further would help but the updated Qt has even more problems on windows, with webengine not working at all. Sigh.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:45 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One step forward, two steps backward.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:02 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-117779

I will cherrypick the fix for the qt bundled with calibre on windows which should take care of it in the next calibre release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert