Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
saitoh183
saitoh183 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Question for a Kobo Aura Edition 2

My wife owns a Kobo Aura edition 2 and ask if it was possible for her to sideload books from the home server wirelessly. I run Kavita as a frontend while i manage the books with Calibre on the backend. Kavita has opds support but even if the Kobo has wifi support i think the only way to get it to connect to the opds is with Koreader.

However i cant find info anywhere if this kobo is support with Koreader and i also dont want to give her something that will be unstable as she is not techy at all.

I was looking at changing the reader for something similar but that had native opds support but im new to the e-ink reader world and find it a bit overwhelming all the choices out there.

Any suggestions on either a change of device (under 200$ if possible) or is KoReader the only real option?
saitoh183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 03:50 AM   #2
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
There's this, not exactly what you want to do but close enough, I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmUwF6kYTI
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:17 AM   #3
kbel
kbel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura E2, Kobo Aura, Kindle 3, Kindle PW1, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoh183 View Post
However i cant find info anywhere if this kobo is support with Koreader and i also dont want to give her something that will be unstable as she is not techy at all.
While I can't speak to other options because I don't use opds myself, I can say that I use KOReader on several different devices and the Aura Edition 2 is the most stable.

A disruption that happens ever so often is having to reinstall KFMon after firmware updates. One particular firmware update (4.34?) rendered KOReader/KFMon/NickelMenu inoperable (I'm not techy enough to know which one), so I had to manually install earlier firmware then disable wifi in Nickel until the problem was fixed.

KOReader has only crashed for me on the KAE2 when opening huge files like archive.org PDFs or massive study Bibles.
kbel is offline   Reply With Quote