Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 03:47 AM   #1
AnnieQuinn
AnnieQuinn began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Rounded corners in cover browser?

Hello. I'm not too good with technology.
When using Caliber, and creating a "Content server", I found that book cover images with rounded 4 corners look very beautiful and I really like that.
So in the offline library on the computer, is there any customization to make the covers round like that? If so, please help me with the position to adjust, because I'm still figuring it out little by little.
Thank you very much. Sorry if my expression was confusing.
AnnieQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 02:24 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved from the templates thread.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I hate programs doing that to covers or images. My Viber Chat does it to all images.

I want to see them as they are.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 07:33 PM   #4
AnnieQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I hate programs doing that to covers or images. My Viber Chat does it to all images.

I want to see them as they are.
Well, that can be everyone's preference. My boyfriend also likes the squareness and strength of angular things. As for me, I like softness and roundedness, even with paper book tags or phone icons, I also like rounded shapes. Thank you for sharing your opinion ^^.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:44 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there's no rounded corners support in the main calibre program only the content server.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:42 AM   #6
AnnieQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No there's no rounded corners support in the main calibre program only the content server.
Yes, I understand, thank you for your reply.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:46 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I decided to add an option to support this:
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...070f23de3bb33e
Old 05-19-2024, 10:27 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad it's an option and not mandatory!
Old 05-19-2024, 10:29 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieQuinn View Post
As for me, I like softness and roundedness, even with paper book tags or phone icons, I also like rounded shapes.
I also like many things to be soft and/or rounded, maybe most things.

Choice is good.
Old 05-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #10
AnnieQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well I decided to add an option to support this:
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...070f23de3bb33e
How wonderful. Thank you for your attention and help. ^^
Old 05-19-2024, 11:01 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Rounded corners made me think the books were mistreated
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:01 AM   #12
AnnieQuinn

Quote:
I also like many things to be soft and/or rounded, maybe most things.

Choice is good.
Yes, sometimes we need a little strength. And sometimes I like to look at soft things. It's good to have choices for more variety.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:36 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Same here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Can that corner rounding be applied to the image shown in the Book details panel?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 08:58 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Can that corner rounding be applied to the image shown in the Book details panel?
No. And not in the edit metadata dialog. Or the conversion dialog. Or the cover browser. Or the ebook viewer and so on.