Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 08:59 AM   #1
fredtgreco
fredtgreco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cannot install version 7.6

I have tried everything to get the latest version of Calibre to install. I get the dreaded "This installation package could not be opened" error. I have turned off all antivirus. I have tried fixes related to the Windows installer. I have tried to install it in safe mode - which does not work because then I get an error that the Windows Installer is not available in safe mode. I have downloaded it from different links.

Can anyone give advice that will actually work?
fredtgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:07 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtgreco View Post
I have tried everything to get the latest version of Calibre to install. I get the dreaded "This installation package could not be opened" error.
found this on the web

2. Check if the Setup File is Blocked

Windows sometimes applies blocks to ‘suspicious’ files downloaded. If your setup file is blocked, you’ll see an Unblock option within its properties window. You can unblock a setup file like this:

Simultaneously press the Win + X keyboard keys and select File Explorer.
Go to the folder you’ve downloaded an affected software setup file to.
Right-click the affected software setup file and select Properties.
Click the Unblock box on the General tab if you can see one.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote