Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #16
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomteon View Post
Thank you for clarifying! I figured it out using this information.
That is great news!

Please put us out of our misery and tell us what the fix was?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 12:02 AM   #17
Adravus
Adravus began at the beginning.

Device: OnePlus8T
For ShellShock and those who may find this in the future,

I navigated to "C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Temp", found the file name matching the one to the error code thrown by Calibre, copied the temp file to my Desktop, renamed it "map_data_storage.db" and Calibre accepted it instantly.

I've been fighting this all day so hopefully this saves someone else the headache in the future
Adravus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 05:39 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adravus View Post
For ShellShock and those who may find this in the future,

I navigated to "C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Temp", found the file name matching the one to the error code thrown by Calibre, copied the temp file to my Desktop, renamed it "map_data_storage.db" and Calibre accepted it instantly.

I've been fighting this all day so hopefully this saves someone else the headache in the future
I cannot see how moving the file to your Desktop would allow calibre of find it and use it. I think it may just be the removal of the file from temp that worked.

Did you do anything to let calibre know where the file was relocated to?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:11 PM   #19
Adravus
Adravus began at the beginning.

Device: OnePlus8T
I copied the known temp file to the desktop (desktop just for ease of locating), renamed the copied file on the desktop (may not have been needed, but I did it anyway), and then went back into dedrm and chose the renamed temp file on the desktop instead of choosing the backup.ab that was giving me issues in the first place. No need to tell Calibre where the file is located other than just choosing it from the DeDRM file selector. Hopefully this makes it more clear. I can see about making a video if needed.
Adravus is offline   Reply With Quote