Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #151
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Title is in h1 now.
worker.py --> parse_title --> change h2 to h1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo-books-parse-title.png
Views:	133
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	194487  
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:21 PM   #152
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Thanks, BeckyEbook! But one quick question, that is the parse_title segment in worker.py?

Edit: Removed attached file as Kobo Books 1.9.2 implements the change.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-25-2022 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Attach modified Kobo Books plugin .zip file
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:45 PM   #153
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Yes. Now works OK.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:08 AM   #154
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I too am having issues with the Kobo books plugin for the last few days. If I paste a Kobo isbn in, nothing is returned - no cover image is offered, no Kobo metadata/synopsis. I noticed this yesterday, and have just confirmed it again. I have uploaded the latest log in case it helps
Attached Files
File Type: txt kobolog.txt (10.9 KB, 203 views)
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:23 AM   #155
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
It works again, thank you!
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #156
13xforever
Connoisseur
13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H₂O & iPad Pro 2020 12.9"
so I was looking through the cover source code and you have variables for width/height right now, but not for jpeg quality that follows immediately and by default is 90, it would be nice to get covers at 100 or even make it configurable
13xforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:43 PM   #157
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps the thread at Kobo Books metadata scraper seems to be broken could be merged into this thread?
Old 06-24-2022, 01:27 AM   #158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13xforever View Post
so I was looking through the cover source code and you have variables for width/height right now, but not for jpeg quality that follows immediately and by default is 90, it would be nice to get covers at 100 or even make it configurable
Have you actually tried that? And if so, did you see any real difference?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:01 AM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use a compression of 70 with Calibre for the cover and I don't notice a difference. I would not notice a difference of 90 vs 100.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:14 AM   #160
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps the thread at Kobo Books metadata scraper seems to be broken could be merged into this thread?
Done

davidfor needs to decide what to do about your version

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:28 PM   #161
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Done

davidfor needs to decide what to do about your version

BR
Thanks. Actually, not my version. I just modified the worker.py as per BeckyEbook's suggestion and then added the file for those who might not want to start editing files.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:39 AM   #162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.9.2 - Fix Title

I have just released version 1.9.2 of the plugin. This is a fix for the problem reported in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53#post4232553 with the title.

The release notes are:
  • Fix: Site change for Title.

Calibre will announce the release in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems or suggestions, please post them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:30 PM   #163
13xforever
Connoisseur
13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H₂O & iPad Pro 2020 12.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have you actually tried that? And if so, did you see any real difference?
Yes, it's easy to see by the file size. Actual perceptual differences are greatly dependent on the source quality, but I've seen covers from kobo being significantly worse than from amazon kindle. I mean, idk how many people would want covers running up to 1600x2200@100 and being 2-3 MB each, but I'm currently using 12.9" iPad Pro and cover is being shown in ToC there, so I want high quality.

I'm currently using a custom version of the plugin, so I can tweak different stuff that works best for me, just pointing out the option.
13xforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:18 PM   #164
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13xforever View Post
Yes, it's easy to see by the file size. Actual perceptual differences are greatly dependent on the source quality, but I've seen covers from kobo being significantly worse than from amazon kindle..
This is interesting because I almost invariably find the opposite to be true. It could be a colour saturation/brightness thing (subjective ofc), but 8/10 times when updating metadata I find myself preferring the Kobo cover over the Kindle. All utterly pointless for my e-ink reader, but I contain multitudes
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #165
Kintano
Kintano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hello there,
I haven't been here for a while.

This plugin did wonders back in the days to "cure" my ebooks collection. I see we went through some issues from time to time but we are fine now.

Everything looks ok when I use this pluging but one thing :
Tags are now only in english.

Covers are in my language, descriptions also. But tags remain in english no matter which book I choose.

Is there any way to fix this ? This is a little deal breaker for me.
Even on my end since it seems I am the only one bothered by this.

Any help to solve this is greatly appreciated.
Kintano is offline   Reply With Quote