Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
The Newer Little Fuzzy Books

Today I learned that there are new books in the Little Fuzzy series started by H. Beam Piper. Not just John Scalzi's Fuzzy Nation (which was controversial with many readers). There are: Fuzzy Ergo Sum by Wolfgang Diehr (you have to search by title to get the eBook to show up); Caveat Fuzzy (Book 5) by Wolfgang Diehr; and The Fuzzy Conundrum (Book 6) by John F. Carr and Wolfgang Diehr. Has anyone read these sequels? How do they hold up to the original?

It has been a long time since I read H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy and Fuzzy Sapiens and the other books in this series. I'd love to know your thoughts on these books. The original books are in the public domain, so there are plenty of eBook editions. (Some of them are not, including the early sequels not written by Piper.)

The earlier sequels were Fuzzy Bones by William Tuning and Golden Dream - A Fuzzy Odyssey by Ardath Mayhar. Later, an unpublished Fuzzy manuscript by H. Beam Piper was unearthed and published: Fuzzies and Other People. I don't see Kindle editions of these.

Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #2
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've been waiting for Fuzzy Bones and Golden Dream forever. Why, oh why won't they get the e-books out? Fuzzy nation didn't appeal from the reviews. Haven't check out the others.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I've been waiting for Fuzzy Bones and Golden Dream forever. Why, oh why won't they get the e-books out? Fuzzy nation didn't appeal from the reviews. Haven't check out the others.
I thought Fuzzy Nation was OK because I approached it as a different take. But I like the originals better because the evil corporate guys were more nuanced. To me, part of the fun of the original stories was seeing some of the bad guys come back as good guys -- even if some of the changes seemed a little quick.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out next time I'm in a used bookstore with a huge SF section. Of course, as soon as I buy them, I'll find my copies.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Today I learned that there are new books in the Little Fuzzy series started by H. Beam Piper. Not just John Scalzi's Fuzzy Nation (which was controversial with many readers). There are: Fuzzy Ergo Sum by Wolfgang Diehr (you have to search by title to get the eBook to show up); Caveat Fuzzy (Book 5) by Wolfgang Diehr; and The Fuzzy Conundrum (Book 6) by John F. Carr and Wolfgang Diehr. Has anyone read these sequels? How do they hold up to the original?

It has been a long time since I read H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy and Fuzzy Sapiens and the other books in this series. I'd love to know your thoughts on these books. The original books are in the public domain, so there are plenty of eBook editions. (Some of them are not, including the early sequels not written by Piper.)

The earlier sequels were Fuzzy Bones by William Tuning and Golden Dream - A Fuzzy Odyssey by Ardath Mayhar. Later, an unpublished Fuzzy manuscript by H. Beam Piper was unearthed and published: Fuzzies and Other People. I don't see Kindle editions of these.

Thanks for posting. I did not know there any others besides Little Fuzzy and Fuzzy Sapiens.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #5
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I'm going to have to keep an eye out next time I'm in a used bookstore with a huge SF section. Of course, as soon as I buy them, I'll find my copies.
Tell me about it. I just ordered another copy of Golden Dream because I couldn't find my copy. I'm rereading them and am currently on Fuzzies and Other People. I found my copy of Fuzzy Bones and the three by Piper.

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzzy, h. beam piper, little fuzzy