Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 04:08 AM   #1
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
Max 3: unfinished product

I'm going on a rant here, but I'm really fed up with Onyx at this point.
I wish I had seen the thread about the Play Store problems before buying this unfinished product. Great job Onyx if you're trying to kill the brand!
Bought the Max 3 as a grouped gift for a birthday, guess what: nothing works (no play store = can't download the apps needed). Not only is the b-day person extremely disappointed and the b-day somewhat ruined, but I'm the untrustworthy one having spent the collected money on an unusable device.
Saying that it might work after a day might cut it for a free test product, but not a $800+ device!
I thought this would be an improvement over the Max Carta that I have (stuck with 4.0, thank you so much Onyx for your lack of support), but at least the Play Store works!
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
ktham
ktham began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
You need to add the GSF id of your device to your Google account and then wait for a couple hours.

If Google still rejects, then update the Google Play store by downloading a newer APK https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
ktham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #3
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Please kindly follow the instruction here to activate the Google Play first. If that fails, please kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback and our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote