Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 08-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast
NonSkidSurface began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Treo 700p
Error: Cannot run more than 10...

I get the following error message all the time; "Cannot run more than 10 Sunrise XP instances at a time." What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
That is the message you will get if you open Sunrise, then open it again while the first is still running, then repeat this nine more times. The first ten will run, then, when you attempt the eleventh, you get the message.

The obvious answer is, "Don't do that!"

But I assume you have a reason for having so many instances open. What are you trying to do with 11+ instances? Maybe there is a better way.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
That is the message you will get if you open Sunrise, then open it again while the first is still running, then repeat this nine more times. The first ten will run, then, when you attempt the eleventh, you get the message.

The obvious answer is, "Don't do that!"

But I assume you have a reason for having so many instances open. What are you trying to do with 11+ instances? Maybe there is a better way.
Thank you very much for helping. I am not sure I understand. I have Sunrise XP enabled in Windoze scheduled tasks. (I don't get the error if I don't open Sunrise XP). Upon opening, I see that my docs haven't updated - and as soon as Sunrise XP is open, they will start updating and that's when I get the error (repeatedly). I do have quite a few docs, but they are staggered around the clock pretty well. I don't think that "instances" refers to the number of documents, though (please verify this). Oh help! By the way, Sunrise is the very best application ever. I have used Sunrise for a long time and have tried repeatedly to use Sunrise XP. I always have this same problem and revert back to Sunrise.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Strange. Sorry, I'm not going to be of help on this one. Anyone else have an idea?

(And, by the way, welcome to the Mobileread forums!)
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

I am editing my post because what I thought is happening is not! The error occurs whither the application is open or not. Thanks for the help and the warm welcome! I will experiment a little until someone gives it a shot.

Last edited by NonSkidSurface; 08-29-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The 10 instance limit is somewhat arbitrary. I've removed this restriction in beta 9k.

Which Windows version are you using?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
The 10 instance limit is somewhat arbitrary. I've removed this restriction in beta 9k.

Which Windows version are you using?
Thanks for taking a look at this. I use Windows XP. What does it mean that you removed the restriction in beta 9k? Does it mean that I wouldn't get the error message using that version?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:30 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSkidSurface
Thanks for taking a look at this. I use Windows XP. What does it mean that you removed the restriction in beta 9k? Does it mean that I wouldn't get the error message using that version?
Yes, it does.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast

Beta 9K works just fine for me. Thanks again. By the way, I hope you don't think I was complaining at all. Sunrise is the most frequently used app I have. It works great - especially considering how much info I am asking it to retrieve for me. I appreciate how I can customize it. I have lots of images, too.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think Laurens is one of the most underrated persons in this forum. I am looking forward to seeing a Sunrise-compatible viewer for the Sony Reader. Am I close, Laurens? ;-)
Old 09-02-2006, 06:25 AM   #11
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
I think Laurens is one of the most underrated persons in this forum. I am looking forward to seeing a Sunrise-compatible viewer for the Sony Reader. Am I close, Laurens? ;-)
You're close. I'm currently gathering requirements and doing some proof-of-concept tests for a "newspaper" application for the new e-ink devices. It's going to be quite different from the Sunrise/JPluck/Blogpluck applications I made in the past, though.

I'd prefer to support PDF as the output format, so that it can be used for as broad a range of devices as possible. Unfortunately the Iliad's PDF support didn't really impress me (kind of nullifying the point of supporting PDF, at least for now), but I'll suspend judgment until Irex finishes the software. BBeB is probably the easier choice, but that format is limited to the Sony Reader.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #12
PippoPippini
PippoPippini began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
[QUOTE=Laurens]The 10 instance limit is somewhat arbitrary. I've removed this restriction in beta 9k.

Hi Laurens.

I also hd the same message.

It happened when I right-click a RSS feed in IE. I created a ne doc in my current SXL and after that the new document started in updating, starting a new instance.

I received the message when I tried to create the 10th document, with 9 others runnig and the main instance of Sunrise.

But when i closed the finished instance (when the document finished to updating) and tried to clip another RSS feed, I received the "10 instance limit message", like Sunrise keep count of "closed" updating windows.

Now I'll download last beta, where there no more the instance limit.

Probably, IMHO, it's probably limit the max number of document clipped and updated to 5, like the normal limit in the current SXL.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Gaetano