Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 05:30 AM   #31
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
I add ',timestamp' to the sequence above but terminal does not accept 'timestamp'
AFAIK, you'll have to add the table name if a column name exists in multiple tables (LOOKUPS.timestamp or WORDS.timestamp). For example:

Code:
SELECT WORDS.lang, word, stem, usage, authors, title, category, LOOKUPS.timestamp FROM LOOKUPS JOIN WORDS on LOOKUPS.word_key=WORDS.id JOIN BOOK_INFO on LOOKUPS.book_key=BOOK_INFO.id
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #32
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
I understand, thank you very much, Doitsu -- once again!
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
Richard529
Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by astone42 View Post
I tried to manually reset my kindle vocab.db using:
But after restart it keeps downloading the old db from amazon servers. Any idea ?
I also had this problem (Paperwhite 1), but I wasn't following dtp's method exactly:

My incorrect method:
1. Copied the vocab.db file from Kindle to Mac.
2. Used Terminal to modify the vocab.db on the Mac.
3. Deleted the vocab.db file on the Kindle.
4. Copied the modified file to the Kindle.

Correct method:
Used Terminal to modify the vocab.db on the Kindle.

dtp - Thanks VERY much for your instructions.

Last edited by Richard529; 06-20-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Richard529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #34
ThimGrim
ThimGrim began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
There's an app called Kindle Mate which allows you to backup your clippings and words from vocabulary builder. Additionaly, you can delete all words at once and update status to Kindle. I did it, I had more than 2000 words*, and syncing did not brought them back...

* btw: vocabulary builder, on kindle paperwhte 2, does not display number of searched words bigger than 2000, but all underlined words actually were there, so i had like 2200-2300 words, and kindle was really sluggish because of this.

Last edited by ThimGrim; 11-04-2015 at 12:04 PM.
ThimGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #35
pekii
pekii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th generation
Vocabulary builder reset

Copy vocab.db to PC, open with SQLite Database Browser, open Browse Data, then in Lookups and Words mark all rows and delete record, write changes. Copy to Kindle.
pekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #36
Alex_G
Alex_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Vocabulary builder dosnt stor words from certain books

For some books vocabulary does translates the words but I then can't see them in the vocabulary builder to repeat. Is there nay advice on this?
tx
Alex_G is offline   Reply With Quote