Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like this version?
Yes 99 79.84%
No 25 20.16%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2016, 11:42 PM   #166
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Unfortunately I have no access to W10 but I wonder if this might help
http://www.techbout.com/usb-device-n...ndows-10-6471/
I've tried pretty much everything in that item. I also did a clean install of Windows 10 on a physical machine and joined it to the Fast Ring. The next day, I installed 14383 and the same thing happened. External storage visible, internal storage as unallocated. So far no response from Redmond as to whether this item is even on the to be fixed list.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 AM   #167
z270
z270 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I assume that once the new version comes out Kobo themselves will likely escalate the issue if it is not resolved? At least I would hope so...
z270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #168
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by z270 View Post
I assume that once the new version comes out Kobo themselves will likely escalate the issue if it is not resolved? At least I would hope so...
I'd suspect that would be a fairly important item for Kobo. Given the number of comments from fairly reliable sources that the current preview build ( 14393 ) is likely to be the final build before the general release, Kobo is going to have a number of upset customers on August 3rd.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #169
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd suspect that would be a fairly important item for Kobo. Given the number of comments from fairly reliable sources that the current preview build ( 14393 ) is likely to be the final build before the general release, Kobo is going to have a number of upset customers on August 3rd.
I'm not updating Windows 10 until I hear/read that it's working with Kobo Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #170
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
I just finished two days ago my setup (new hyphen dic, koreader for my pdf's, dual boot with advboot and books selection) for my next five-weeks-holidays without computer. Is there anything in this firmware i shouldn’t live without until September ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #171
Halvah
Bodhisattva
Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Clara2e
Having a problem with the search function in my Kobo Glo running 3.19.5761. When I press on a word or name and request a search in the book I get many results. The problem is that when I try to select a result, the search function merely returns me to the page from which the search originated. I may get dozens of results from the search but whichever one I select returns me to the originating page. Any solutions available?
Halvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #172
GibbinR
Connoisseur
GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad mini 5, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halvah View Post
Having a problem with the search function in my Kobo Glo running 3.19.5761. When I press on a word or name and request a search in the book I get many results. The problem is that when I try to select a result, the search function merely returns me to the page from which the search originated. I may get dozens of results from the search but whichever one I select returns me to the originating page. Any solutions available?
I had a very similar problem running firmware 3.19.5761 om my H2O. When searching a book with footnotes, the search function found the phrase I was searching for in both chapters and footnotes, but would only display the chapter pages, not the footnote pages.
Furthermore, the header on the search page gave no indication of when the search had finished, nor of how many results were found, both of which are provided in firmware 3.12.1.
For the moment I have gone back to 3.12.1, therefore.
GibbinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #173
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halvah View Post
I'm having that problem as well, but I'm still on the previous firmwares, 3.18 on one GloHD, and 3.19.5613 on the spare GloHD and they both do it, so it might not be a new bug. It either goes to the starting page, or brings up a totally blank page after I make a selection. I usually have to put the reader to sleep and then reopen the cover to get out of that situation as well.

It doesn't happen to every book though, most books still have search functioning as it should. I think it's the badly formatted books that are having the problem with the current search, although I haven't dug into what the differences were between the various books. I know search used to work correctly with those same books on older firmware, I made sure I tested on books that I knew I had previously searched within.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #174
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm having that problem as well, but I'm still on the previous firmwares, 3.18 on one GloHD, and 3.19.5613 on the spare GloHD and they both do it, so it might not be a new bug. It either goes to the starting page, or brings up a totally blank page after I make a selection. I usually have to put the reader to sleep and then reopen the cover to get out of that situation as well.

It doesn't happen to every book though, most books still have search functioning as it should. I think it's the badly formatted books that are having the problem with the current search, although I haven't dug into what the differences were between the various books. I know search used to work correctly with those same books on older firmware, I made sure I tested on books that I knew I had previously searched within.
What format are the books and where do they come from? So, epub or kepub, sideloaded or purchased.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #175
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
In my instance all of my books are epub and sideloaded. The badly formatted ones with the search problems are probably from Project Gutenberg.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #176
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
In my instance all of my books are epub and sideloaded. The badly formatted ones with the search problems are probably from Project Gutenberg.
Yes, formatting issues were what I was thinking of if it was epub. Can you pass me an example? I can have a test and play tonight.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 AM   #177
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Soon one year without any firmware...
What do you guys think about it?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #178
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
I'm hopeful that they'll come out with a new version on the H2O -- Hopefully we're not abandoned like Androids
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #179
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
My Kobo H20 just updated to version 4.2.8432.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #180
-jon-
-jon- began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hello.

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and I appreciate all the information you guys provide. I just created an account to confirm that my Kobo glo just updated to version 4.3.8842, but I couldn't find the appropriate thread for this, so I'm posting here.

I check updates manually, so the update could have been available before today, I can't tell.

One strange thing happened though. First it downloaded the update via WIFI and installed. After reboot (now with the new version working) it started downloading again something about the size of the update. I have no idea why this "double download" update is happening. It had never happened before. When it was done with the download it installed some more stuff and rebooted again.

BTW another Kobo I have access (Aura) has not updated yet FYI. It's still on v.3.19.5761

Cheers!
-jon- is offline   Reply With Quote