Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #331
Stulle
Stulle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905 & N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I don't know if was a change in the firmware or a change at dropbox, someone with the earlier firmware would need to check.
Hello Geoffr!

Thanks for your answer! You were right - the problem is on dropbox' side!

I checked with my wifes Kobo Touch (fw 2.6.0), and it behaves the same.
On each epub I can choose "Link freigeben" (something like "enable link"), than a download button appears. Unfortunately tapping this doesn't download the book to the kobo...
I can't switch to desktop version, whenever I access dropbox' address, it will deliver the mobile version without choice.

But anyway, no fw problem, as it looks like ;-)

Thanks & bye,
Michael
Stulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #332
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stulle View Post
I can't switch to desktop version, whenever I access dropbox' address, it will deliver the mobile version without choice.
When I sign in to dropbox from my Glo I get the mobile version to start, but at the bottom left of the page there is a button that says "Desktop version" and I can tap that to switch.

Edit: These screenshots are from my Glo, the first is the view I get when I first sign in to dropbox, the second is after I have tapped the "Desktop version" button and then selected a file by tapping the space to the right of the filename.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	db-mobile.png
Views:	756
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	144423   Click image for larger version

Name:	db-desktop.png
Views:	689
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	144424  

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-08-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #333
BrianR
BrianR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
This worked for me, but only when I opened the dropbox site with www.dropbox.com/m/browse, as Geoff shows in his first screen shot. I have now successfully downloaded a book
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #334
Jarrett
Jarrett began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hate to bump this, I'm not sure if the version 4 firmware threads are discussing the Glo HD.

Is Kobo done with Glo HD firmware updates? I'm happy where it ended up, but curious if we'll get more.

Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #335
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Rest assured that when the new f/w is stabilized other devices will see it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #336
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, since this is a 3.18.0 thread, you can always go for 3.19.5761/
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote