Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #76
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by skobie78 View Post
One step closer! just listed by Onyx on Alibaba
http://m.alibaba.com/product/6037945...onitor-13.html
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Yes!
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #77
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
I'm getting somewhat obsessed with this

Google translated post on http://www.weibo.com/onyxinternational

Quote:
# BOOX # are preparing for the New Year holiday of it? Do not worry, before the final sprint coming, people are concerned about BOOX MAX 13.3-inch screen reader, the first prototype is ready, it will be sent to major historical agent , terminal market is expected after the Spring Festival 3, began selling in April, this time will be released in the middle of some of the evaluation and the use of video, thank you attention, sit safely in the New Year right!
More pictures:

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-07-2016 at 05:29 AM.
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #78
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
huh so it looks to be finally coming out,any info on weight?

Hope it uses Sony's mobius screen and weighs roughly the same?

EDIT: According to that alibaba link you posted skobie78 they are looking for potential buyers to buy 2000 of them for them to start manufacturing them in quantity ?

Seems like a tall order but it will be a unique product in it's own class.

Hopefully it doesn't cost more than £400 or a.k.a an ipad.

Last edited by Jason90; 02-02-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 AM   #79
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Dear Xxxxxxxxxx,

Thanks for your email and support of ONYX BOOX, we will release 13.3" on March, the main spec is Freescale i.mx6 CPU + 13.3" flexible eink screen + electromagnetic touch & big stylus pen + 4100mah battery + Andriod OS4.0.

Welcome to visit our official website www.boox.com & www.onyx-international.com , the latest information will be release here. TKS

best regards

Onyx International Inc.
Here we go.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #80
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice now just eager to know how much it's going to cost and wait for the first reviews to come in,let's hope they got it right!

This should spur on the release of other 13" eink based products too!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Nice now just eager to know how much it's going to cost and wait for the first reviews to come in,let's hope they got it right!
My guess would be somewhere in the $600-$800 range. That screen is going to be expensive.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #82
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I'd love if they released the device with eInk Carta right away. But I suspect it will be Pearl.

EDIT: Yeah, it's most definitely Pearl.

Last edited by mSSM; 02-03-2016 at 03:44 PM.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #83
Jason90
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My guess would be somewhere in the $600-$800 range. That screen is going to be expensive.
$600 and it reviews well and i'll probably get one,although the rumors that they will release a higher res model with a better cpu and double the ram/memory is going to make me think twice before buying.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #84
hdmi_epaper
hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...h-release-date

"The Onyx Boox Max will feature a 13.3 inch flexible PVI HD screen with a resolution of 2200 x 1650 at 207 PPI. It will have a Freescale i.mx6 CPU, 4100mah battery and Andriod 4.0."

No official price tag yet then, hmmm. Clearly releasing the new device now with i.mx6 poses a challenge given the i.mx7 has been promised for Q2 2016... Like posted above there is a nagging feeling for anyone buying now that you might as well wait it out till new Freescal CPU arrives.

more waiting ...

Last edited by hdmi_epaper; 02-04-2016 at 12:10 PM.
hdmi_epaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:24 AM   #85
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Yesterday I finally got the new Onyx Max (13.3") sample. First impression is very positive about this devices. Despite of its size it is comfortable to handle, unexpectedly light and the image is sharp and brilliant. I am going to test it thoroughly today and make a short video review and more detailed description of my impressions afterwards.
On the picture you also can see the new N96. I am going to review them later too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2014
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	146060   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	4886
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	146061   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1241
Size:	895.4 KB
ID:	146062   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1287
Size:	946.0 KB
ID:	146063  

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-05-2016 at 04:56 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #86
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I'm waiting for this video and the results of a day of tests !

I'm waiting for a device usable with A4 paper size documents only for 5 years...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #87
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Yesterday I finally got the new Onyx Max (13.3") sample. First impression is very positive about this devices. Despite of its size it is comfortable to handle, unexpectedly light and the image is sharp and brilliant. I am going to test it thoroughly today and make a short video review and more detailed description of my impressions afterwards.
On the picture you also can see the new N96. I am going to review them later too.
Kiss you Booxter!
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:22 AM   #88
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
What is the weight and dimension?

Last edited by phyzjqk; 02-05-2016 at 06:33 AM.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #89
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
I am going to test it thoroughly today...
Would Onyx Max have Google Play?
Could you possibly try to install sheet music app please:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bilesheetsfree

I guess we are all waiting to hear the PRICE of this MAX...
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #90
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Would Onyx Max have Google Play?
Could you possibly try to install sheet music app please:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bilesheetsfree

I guess we are all waiting to hear the PRICE of this MAX...
Google Play is of course available. I tried to install the app you suggested - no problem.

Concerning price. Currently our retail price could be about EUR 585 (w.o. VAT). We also are going to offer some discount for students and educational institutions. Unfortunately our price depends on USD:EUR ratio, since we have to pay the factory in USD.

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-05-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote