Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Feature requests: Go to style etc

I really appreciate the new Edit books function.

Some suggestions for possible enhancements:

Right clicking a class in the editor could give a "Go to style" option on the pop-up menu, which takes you to the appropriate style definition in the stylesheet.

Configurable Smarten Punctuation. Currently I use my own regexes for this in my own bespoke Calibre plug-in (my regexes do hyphen to em-dash conversion); it would be great if I could configure the regexes directly in the Smarten Punctuation in Edit book.

Configurable Beautify, especially whether opening braces "{" are inline or start on a new line.

Thanks
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not going to implement go to class. It's pretty limited. What about styles that are applied using other types of selectors? Instead there will someday be a live css editor, which will work like the inspect tool except that you can make changes to all the css for a tag and these will update the css file in the book directly.

For the rest, patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm not going to implement go to class. It's pretty limited. What about styles that are applied using other types of selectors? Instead there will someday be a live css editor, which will work like the inspect tool except that you can make changes to all the css for a tag and these will update the css file in the book directly.

For the rest, patches are welcome.
Wow, this will really be much cooler, and more useful, i think!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote