Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #46
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Do I get a prize? or a pedant's award?
How about a free National Express ticket to Blackpool in February?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
How about a free National Express ticket to Blackpool in February?
Only a char-a-banc during Wakes Week would be acceptable, aah, me lost youth... On second thoughts I'll settle for feeling a bit smug for a couple of hours
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #48
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Charles, the compression changes are now working great in Calibre 1.50. I cannot see any difference in the red covers between level 90 and 99, so I am keeping it at 90.

I did notice that when selecting the Content Server the books are sent over with the old compression level of 70. Is it possible to adjust that so books sent over via this method are done so also at 90? If there is no easy way to do that, I will just use wi-fi only to upload books to my Nook. Currently it's about 50-50 using wi-fi or the content server so it would be nice if I can keep that option.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #49
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I did notice that when selecting the Content Server the books are sent over with the old compression level of 70. Is it possible to adjust that so books sent over via this method are done so also at 90? If there is no easy way to do that, I will just use wi-fi only to upload books to my Nook. Currently it's about 50-50 using wi-fi or the content server so it would be nice if I can keep that option.
I will add a tweak to set the thumbnail image compression level in the content server.

Given Kovid's travel plans, it might be two weeks before you see the change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #50
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
TYVM, Charles. I can certainly wait till Kovid gets back from his well-deserved vacation. I'm just glad I'll eventually be able to use both methods to upload books with better quality covers.

The covers are all looking good now.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote