Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Lightbulb "Go to Browser" message in Story HD

I subscribe a payed public Wi-Fi access service. I need to log in through a web form to access the internet after wireless connection is established. I was curious what happens on Story HD wifi (U.S. model).

So I went to a Wi-Fi spot and chose "Turn Wireless On". After the familiar network selection and Wi-Fi password screen, it did something for a while, and a window poped up, saying "Problem connecting to the internet." However, the window has an unfamiliar option saying "Press ENTER to Go to Browser." (See the attached picture.)

I pressed ENTER button, and, wow , web browser started and showed the Wi-Fi access service's login form. After entering my user ID and a password on it, the browser led me to the Wi-Fi access service's portal site where many useful links and a search bar present. I had no probles surfin'g the web from there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	go to browser.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	77222  
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote