Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
zzroger
zzroger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo & Kindle Touch
Hello from Sunny Queensland

I am zzroger, sometimes known as just, Roger. Well, actually, I'm normally known as Roger.
I live in Queensland Australia.
I am retired and have just returned from Europe where I was given a Kobo reader.
I used to be an avid reader and cut my teeth with the likes of Alastair Maclean, Hammond Innes type Boys Own adventures. I havn't changed much, I'm currently reading Tom Clancy.
I really like the technology of E-readers, indeed I am a real technophile. I can't wait to get my hands on a later reader with all the bells and whistles to play with. But, my basic Kobo does what it says on the box. It displays books in a perfectly readable form, so it's not a toy (I like toys).
zzroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Hi and welcome Roger.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hello back from a cloudy Scotland....

May I offer you a warm welcome to Mobileread Forums.

Have a browse around, you may have already discovered the Main Forum is laid out in a logical manner.

Everyone’s friendly, if you need any help, do ask around. Members with Green names are the hard-working Moderators…(they don’t bite, just keep the rest of us safe.)

If you want a non-technical chat or three, pop into the Lounge .

check out our Wiki for other information ....

Please join in and enjoy your stay .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Roger and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Roger. A wee tip for you: download the excellent and free Calibre Library software. It's the best out there and most members here and about a million others swear by it. You'll find it here: http://www.calibre-ebook.com. Works beautifully with Kobo. Happy e-reading and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
zzroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Roger. A wee tip for you: download the excellent and free Calibre Library software. It's the best out there and most members here and about a million others swear by it. You'll find it here: http://www.calibre-ebook.com. Works beautifully with Kobo. Happy e-reading and best wishes. Neil
Thank you Neilmarr, yes I had already become acquainted with Calibre when I discovered the limits of the Kobo desktop.

I just returned from sunny Europe ( we had two months of splendid weather), it was their that I picked up the Kobo, thank goodness, as it appears that the local version is tied to 'Borders' or some other bookseller.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #7
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Welcome from rainy Belgium... (I must admit, before July, we had months of warm and dry weather... but since a few days it just seems to be autumn here.)
I only joined this forum recently, and it's a very nice lot of folks over here...

Last edited by AnneT; 07-15-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: some 'linguistic' corrections
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
zzroger

Talking Sunny Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
Welcome from rainy Belgium... (I must admit, before July, we had months of warm and dry weather... but since a few days it just seems to be autumn here.)
I only joined this forum recently, and it's a very nice lot of folks over here...
I was lucky enough to experience some lovely sunny weather whilst in Belgium. We went to a lovely and large market which was only a hop, skip and a jump from where we were staying in Limburg NL.