Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #61
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #62
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #63
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
I think that captain chaos has valid points.
But I think some reactions where a bit over the top. I assume almost every body here is commenting on calibre or one of its parts / plugins to make it better. While the product is the child of Kovid, I can imagine Kovid feels attacked at some reactions, but Kovid, trust me, reactions are just to improve. And still, you are the one in charge so you do not have to fight to death to get a feature changed or not changed.
You can make your point of view clear and if someone does not agree, he/she doesn't. No problem in the end features are implemented the way you agree...
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #64
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
I think that captain chaos has valid points.
The funny thing here is that Kovid is fighting for the right of Captain Chaos (or anyone else) to copy all of Kovid's work and remove the "I agree" checkbox that CC doesn't like, while CC is complaining that he has to agree that he has the right to make the change he wants. It really is a humorous situation.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #65
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
The funny thing here is that Kovid is fighting for the right of Captain Chaos (or anyone else) to copy all of Kovid's work and remove the "I agree" checkbox that CC doesn't like, while CC is complaining that he has to agree that he has the right to make the change he wants. It really is a humorous situation.
Lets keep it that way. This is a funny topic
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gpl eula installation