Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #31
mikeayers
Zealot
mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 10thGen, Kobo Clara HD
My tradition is to tell my wife we are going to have black eyed peas for new years day. In 18 years we haven't had them yet, but I always get a "fun" reaction from her when I threaten her with them.
mikeayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #32
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeayers View Post
My tradition is to tell my wife we are going to have black eyed peas for new years day. In 18 years we haven't had them yet, but I always get a "fun" reaction from her when I threaten her with them.
I actually like black eyed peas! I probably don't cook them the same way as you do, but still like 'em.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I actually like black eyed peas! I probably don't cook them the same way as you do, but still like 'em.
Black-eyed peas mixed with big chunks of ham and served with cornbread.

mmm mmm mmm
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #34
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We stay at home. In the Netherlands a lot of people buy fireworks and living above our store (which has a big window) in the inner city we can keep an eye on it.

We usually have pieces of toast/baguettes with cheeses, salades and other yummy things for dinner so we're not too stuffed for all the other snacks we have . We usually watch a movie, either on tv or a dvd. Because most of our friends and family have pets (who are scarred of fireworks) the only people who come by are our neighbours.

Officially people have to stop setting off fireworks at 2am but it continues well into the night so I usually stay up late/early reading or playing a computer game whilst trying to sooth the cats.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote