Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Charge Indicators - Is This Normal?

Hi All,

I'm new to Kindle & just received my K3 yesterday. Loving it so far!

Here's my issue: I've got the Kindle connected to my PC via the USB cable (but I'm not in USB mode; I'm able to read & charge). The battery symbol shows that's charging (lightening bolt inside the battery symbol), but my power switch is green. Is this normal? And what should I believe - the green light or the battery symbol?

Thanks for any inputs.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
THREE hours to an outlet required

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to Kindle & just received my K3 yesterday. Loving it so far!

Here's my issue: I've got the Kindle connected to my PC via the USB cable (but I'm not in USB mode; I'm able to read & charge). The battery symbol shows that's charging (lightening bolt inside the battery symbol), but my power switch is green. Is this normal? And what should I believe - the green light or the battery symbol?

Thanks for any inputs.
Don't trust the LED light or the battery meter until you've gone through several recharge cycles. Do at least one full three hour charge to the main. By skipping that step I encountered some unnecessary problems.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Don't trust the LED light or the battery meter until you've gone through several recharge cycles. Do at least one full three hour charge to the main. By skipping that step I encountered some unnecessary problems.
Thanks Sirmaru. I did do the full charge yesterday (3-4 hours +).
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The battery indicator on the screen will show the "charging" indicator whenever the device is plugged in, even if the charge is full. If the light is green, then it should be fully charged, and when you unplug, the screen indicator should match.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote