Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
djk80
djk80 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is the Kindle 3 Being sold right now same as the Kindle DX ?

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a Kindle 3 6" from Amazon. However I am still "waiting" for it to be shipped here.

However after some thinking I have been wondering if I should switch to the Kindle DX. I am planning to read a lot of textbooks and such so I think the Kindle DX would suite my needs a little bit more.....

However I know the kindle 3 being shipped right now has more advanced pdf support and other features. So my question is if I was to cancel my order on the kindle 3 6" and buy the Kindle DX instead would I be getting the same version of the kindle as far as the pdf support , contrast and newer features ??

My plan originally was to possibly wait until a newer version of the DX came out however I am getting a little anxious so was thinking of getting it now if it was the same version as the 6" currently shipping
djk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Folks have been told the DXG will get the same PDF support as the K3, but AFAIK it hasn't happened yet.

The contrast and stuff should be the same as the DXG also uses a Pearl screen.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
djk80
djk80 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hmm I wonder if I call them they will be able to give me accurate information or should I possibly just wait for someone to confirm it ?
djk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nothing to confirm; what AmenicOak has told you is absolutely right. The Kindle DX will, at some point, get a firmware update which will give it the capabilities of the K3, but nobody knows when that update is scheduled for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
cleanskin
cleanskin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Is it true that the Kindle 3 has PDF dictionary support?
cleanskin is offline   Reply With Quote