Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
ValerieON
ValerieON began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hello! Is it true that I can simply use a US address even tho I'm in Canada? I thought B&N somehow linked the billing address from the credit card on file. Thanks for your help...much appreciated.
ValerieON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
B&N does not sell or support the Nook or ebooks in Canada. You'd be much better off considering a Kobo or Sony ereader if you want ePub and library access or Kindle if you want access to the largest selection of titles and 3G wireless interaction.

As an aside: In my experience over the past eight months, I have also found Kindle books are better formatted than ePubs. Currently, Peter Robinson's Aftermath, an early novel in the Inspector Banks series, is available free in Canada from both Kobo and Amazon. It's night and day in formatting. Kobo is ragged right, space between paragraphs, no indents and two or three times as many page turns in the book for about the same font size. Kindle is justified, paragraph indents, no paragraph line spaces and an easier to read font with at least half as many page turns required.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote