Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I do not understand the Kobo software

I tried using the Kobo software and this was a mistake. I can't figure out how to use it. I did a sync and it put every book from my account on there, even the ones I read already. But when I click on the disk icon in finder, it does not show any files. So how do I delete the books I am done with off of the device? I guess I was expecting an iTunes-like interface where it presents you with a list and you drag and drop files onto it. Bit instead it seems there is no way to select an individual book and decide what to do with it. What am I missing here? How do you add (or remove) just one book?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Somewhere in the user manual it says to log into kobobooks.com, click on "Library" and delete the books from the "I'm reading" list. Next time you click "Update Your Library" from the Kobo software, it's supposed to remove the book from your reader. Haven't tried that yet, so let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by jimr; 05-02-2010 at 11:52 AM.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Yes, it did work. Thanks. I just think a drag and drop interface would be much easier. I never would have thought to have to log into the website to manage the desktop software.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
What about if you just want to remove the books from the 'books I'm reading' section but not from the eReader? I can't figure that one out.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Thank da gads I'm not alone in a lot of this stuff.

I've renamed a few files from Windows explorer but they don't show-up on kobo. Furthermore, why do I have to go to the website to change things on MY device.

I don't want to sync with THEIR files - I want CONTROL of MY OWN device.

Is it just me or their their software a piece of crap. I'm getting more frustrated by the minute and starting to really regret this purchase.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
SeptemberWasp
SeptemberWasp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My complication is that I've seemingly broken something so everytime I sync or update my reader to my PC when I disconnect it take 2-4 minutes to process changes I never made and then it wipes all my saved locations on all my books. My I'm Reading section basically shows all my books as new and unread.
SeptemberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
SSSasky
SSSasky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberWasp View Post
My complication is that I've seemingly broken something so everytime I sync or update my reader to my PC when I disconnect it take 2-4 minutes to process changes I never made and then it wipes all my saved locations on all my books. My I'm Reading section basically shows all my books as new and unread.
The same thing happened to me. Do a complete wipe of the device, under the Settings --> Advanced, and re load your library. That fixed the probelm for me.
SSSasky is offline   Reply With Quote