Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2024, 03:36 PM   #1
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Device: none
"books with the same titles as the following already exist in calibre"

Hi, I'm starting with a fresh Calibre install. I'm adding a set of PDF and EPUB files to the library that I previously checked has no duplicates but still at the end of the adding process I get the message "books with the same titles as the following already exist in calibre". So I delete the library, reset Calibre and try again, and same message again. Is this a Calibre bug? Thanks
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 05:11 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Perhaps the ebooks you are importing have duplicate titles in the metadata? You might want to allow them to be added anyways and then check to see what identical titles exist (Find Duplicates plugin recommended). The add function only checks the title so you could have books by different authors with the same title or an ePub and PDF version of the same ebook.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert