Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 10:10 PM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@BekkyEbook

You posted the following screen shot here

Attachment 207658

I'm puzzled as to how you docked the Validation and ToC windows where you did - above Codeview and alongside Preview. I've attached some screen shots of my failed attempts.

BR
Becky builds and customizes Sigil to her personal liking. In the official Sigil releases, the Validation Widget is limited to being docked in only the top or bottom dock areas. She's modified the code to allow it to be docked other places.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:26 AM   #92
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Becky builds and customizes Sigil to her personal liking. In the official Sigil releases, the Validation Widget is limited to being docked in only the top or bottom dock areas. She's modified the code to allow it to be docked other places.

Yes, I suspected that.

I was taken by the placement of ToC. If I could, I would have it alongside Book browser - sometimes I undock it when I want to 'match' it to the Text files.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:10 AM   #93
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I was taken by the placement of ToC. If I could, I would have it alongside Book browser - sometimes I undock it when I want to 'match' it to the Text files.
I did my experiments with moving windows years ago, but in the process, I discovered that changes to Sigil's code were not needed and a suitable entry in the INI file would suffice.

I have prepared the relevant file for you.

1. exit Sigil.
2. make a backup of the sigil_v6.ini file just in case.
3. use a text editor.
4. open the file from the attachment and copy the line that starts with toolbars=@ByteArray (etc.).
5. find the appropriate place in your sigil_v6.ini file, namely the [mainwindow] section.
6. replace the existing line starting with toolbars with this one from the clipboard.
7. save file.
Done!

Now launch Sigil.

Note: There is one 'crock'. If you change the layout of the windows you may not be able to go back to the one in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip toc-near-book-browser-ini.zip (871 Bytes, 15 views)
File Type: zip becky-private-settings-ini.zip (909 Bytes, 24 views)

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 04-17-2024 at 04:18 AM.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:23 AM   #94
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi All,

For anyone who builds their own, master is now in a good testable place. So please give it a whirl and let us know what issues you see especially in these areas:

1. focus hightlight borders. Especially deeper inside some of the editors, reports, and other tools.

2. double width cursors, again especially deeper inside some of the editors, reports and other tools that accept keyboard input.

3. for keyboard lovers, please try playing with tab to shift focus inside each window (and now in Preview) and other places if this is something you regularly do. Also the new show/hide dockwidgets menus and focus move shortcuts and etc.

4. for macOS users, checking out what happens to Sigil when open and you shift the desktop from dark to light and light to dark. Especially on deeper tools and things.

Would love to hear any issues related to these recent changes so we can get them working properly for everyone.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-17-2024 at 06:27 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:42 AM   #95
Jaco
Jaco began at the beginning.

A new suggestion

Hi again,

To do a table in HTML is tedious. I edit technical books and I have to code a lot of boring tables. I spend too much time.

I think it could be a good idea to add a button for programming HTML tables. I see examples here:

https://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables
https://www.codeguru.com/network/html-table-generator/
https://www.htmltables.io/

A button similar to List button would be very very useful.

Again, thanks in advance.
Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:51 AM   #96
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1. Validation Results does not have a focus frame

2. Preferences > Appearance > Preview
a. Order for fonts (is now Serif, Standard, Sans-Serif)

3. Preferences > Plugins
a. Plugins list is a trap for focus, Esc exits Preferences
b. Plugins > Shortcuts (order in vertical)
Old 04-17-2024, 07:20 AM   #97
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
I did my experiments with moving windows years ago, but in the process, I discovered that changes to Sigil's code were not needed and a suitable entry in the INI file would suffice.

I have prepared the relevant file for you.

1. exit Sigil.
2. make a backup of the sigil_v6.ini file just in case.
3. use a text editor.
4. open the file from the attachment and copy the line that starts with toolbars=@ByteArray (etc.).
5. find the appropriate place in your sigil_v6.ini file, namely the [mainwindow] section.
6. replace the existing line starting with toolbars with this one from the clipboard.
7. save file.
Done!

Now launch Sigil.

Note: There is one 'crock'. If you change the layout of the windows you may not be able to go back to the one in the attachment.
Thanks - that layout works well for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-17 211458.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	743.9 KB
ID:	207668

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:29 AM   #98
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
1. Validation Results does not have a focus frame

2. Preferences > Appearance > Preview
a. Order for fonts (is now Serif, Standard, Sans-Serif)

3. Preferences > Plugins
a. Plugins list is a trap for focus, Esc exits Preferences
b. Plugins > Shortcuts (order in vertical)
1. I just pushed a fix for this to master.

2. I have not touched anything to do with order for fonts in Preferences at all. What changed? I just checked and on my machine it shows Standard, Serif, then Sans-Serif.
Perhaps a change you made?

3. Do You mean when using Tab to change focus in Manage plugins?

Last edited by KevinH; 04-17-2024 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fixed point 1, point 2 works for me,
Old 04-17-2024, 09:03 AM   #99
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm showing Standard, Serif, then Sans-Serif on my end too. No change in the order.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:08 AM   #100
BeckyEbook
Guru

Ad 2. Order is ok. Focus order is bad.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:59 AM   #101
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Okay I will look at that.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:03 AM   #102
KevinH
Sigil Developer

@BeckyEbook,

I jut pushed a big cleanup for tab to shift focus in Manage Plugins.

1. First tab will take you to select Manage or Shortcuts with right and left arrow

2. If Manage then second tab will take you to the plugin table where you will have to use the up and down arrow keys to select the plugin

3. The next tabs will take you to the Add Button, Remove Button, and RemoveAll Button in sequence.

4. In the Shortcuts tab, the tab sequence will be by row jumping between QComboBoxes

Hopefully that should be a big improvement.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:36 AM   #103
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Okay it seems that the order of creation in the xml ui files determines the tab order (not where it is put in the grid layout).

So I simply shifted a few lines in PAppearanceWidget.ui

and now the tab order matches the grid layout:

Standard -> Serif -> SansSerif

Pushed that to master.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:37 AM   #104
BeckyEbook
Guru

* Ad Plugins > Shortcuts
Focus should go sequentially from 1 to 10.

* Preferences > Spellcheck Dictionaries > User Dictionaries > (Table)
A similar problem to the plugin list.
When the focus goes to the table with the dictionaries it no longer goes from there with Tab.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:38 AM   #105
KevinH
Sigil Developer

So your 3 issues should all be fixed now in master.

If you do run into other tab to shift focus issues (except in SelectFiles dialog which is a focus mess due to the damn QWebEngineView being involved), please do let me know.

Thanks!