Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy Where's the Bookerly font on my Paperwhite?

I just got a refurb Paperwhite of the current generation. I updated the firmware, and it's now on 5.6.1.0.6.

I thought this was supposed to have the new "Bookerly" font available, but in the font selection setting I only see Baskerville, Caecilia, Caecilia Condensed, Futura, Helvetica, and Palatino.

Where's this new Bookerly thing? Wasn't it supposed to be out last month?

Update: Oh, that explains it. Contacted Amazon support, turns out I don't have the latest firmware after all. I guess I must have downloaded the latest firmware for the prior generation of Paperwhite. I'd delete this thread, but it looks like I don't get that option in editing.

Last edited by Robotech_Master; 09-22-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Bookerly was introduced in Paperwhite 2/Voyage Software Update 5.6.5, see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263866
Advert
Closed Thread

Tags
bookerly, firmware, paperwhite