Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Overdrive: How to Search "Excluding" Children's Books?

I use the OD Advanced Search all of the time for my genres, but get a lot of YA and children's books listed.
How can I use the OD Levels (Interest Level, ATOS Level, Lextile Measure, & Reading Level) to EXCLUDE Children's books???
Or is there another way to exclude those books for young readers?
TIA

Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, Tom. I understand your frustration. Look in Settings under your Account. There is a field called "Maturity Level" where you can set it to filter out children and young adult books. There are 4 maturity groups that you can choose. I have mine set to from "General Adult" to "General Adult."
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Hi, Tom. I understand your frustration. Look in Settings under your Account. There is a field called "Maturity Level" where you can set it to filter out children and young adult books. There are 4 maturity groups that you can choose. I have mine set to from "General Adult" to "General Adult."
Wow, thanks! I haven't been back to the Settings page in ages, since I last set my loan times. Didn't know it had been modified.
Thanks. that will be some help

Next wouldn't it be great if we could exclude certain genres from search lists.
Thanks for your help!
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote