Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Six Month Membership to Kindle Unlimited--$30

I did a search of the Site and didn't find where this promo had been mentioned in any thread or forum. If it has, I apologize--my Mobileread site searching skills are not very good.

Enjoy 6 months of unlimited reading with Amazon's Kindle Unlimited. You get access to "over 700,000 titles on any device." You also have access to "thousands of audiobooks" with the service.

The cost for the 6-month membership to Kindle Unlimited under this promotion is $30.00. The site from which I got the information about this promo says that it is the lowest price that they had seen for the reading service. I do know (I think that I know. ha) that Oyster and Scribd charge around $10 a month. A little simple math tells you that this Kindle Unlimited promo is about half what those other reading services charge (but remember that this promo covers only 6 months). I assume, but do not know for sure, that the charge for the service if you continue it after the term of the promotion has ended will be the same charge as what Kindle Unlimited is regularly, whatever that is.

Here are the directions for joining on:
1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/ku/...&ku=B00NY6CEEM.
2. Select "Add this Promotion to Cart."
3. Take the Kindle eReader out of cart. The final total should be $30.00
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post

Here are the directions for joining on:
1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/ku/...&ku=B00NY6CEEM.
2. Select "Add this Promotion to Cart."
3. Take the Kindle eReader out of cart. The final total should be $30.00
That's interesting. Did you try it? Last month I wanted to do this, and I ended up having to buy a device to get the deal. I couldn't even change the device, it had to be the 8 GB Fire HD 6, couldn't upgrade it to 16 GB. If I removed the device, the price went back up. Fortunately, I was able to give the device to my mother and keep the KU sub for myself.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I just tried it. It didn't work. It said it declined my credit card. But then it actually never touched it to begin with. This happened with the two cards I tried, including my Amazon Rewards.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
It works I just bought it.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
It worked for me.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I got it, I couldn't use my points or my gift card credit.

Cool deal.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
Worked for me. However, of note, this is not stackable. I purchased a second one, and amazon gave me an error when I tried to redeem it: "Unfortunately, you aren't eligible to redeem this membership" so I had to redeem it as a gift card (the only option).

Not a horrible problem since I lost no money, and I use amazon quite a bit, but still annoying.
mehetabelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Fantastic worked for me! Big thanks.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post
Worked for me. However, of note, this is not stackable. I purchased a second one, and amazon gave me an error when I tried to redeem it: "Unfortunately, you aren't eligible to redeem this membership" so I had to redeem it as a gift card (the only option).

Not a horrible problem since I lost no money, and I use amazon quite a bit, but still annoying.
Ewww. Thanks for letting everyone know. I would be tempted to get it, since it's working w/o device inclusion now, but my sub is good through May, so I'll have to wait til then and see if any deals are available.

$5 a month for Kindle Unlimited is awesome, that's what it should be all the time, at least for Prime members.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Now I got it, I couldn't use my points or my gift card credit.

Cool deal.
I just purchased it and was able to use my gift card credit

Last edited by JoHunt; 12-15-2014 at 12:43 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I just purchased it and was able to use my gift card credit
Well, cool! Something wasn't working on my end. Oh well. I had talked myself out of the 25% print deal that ended yesterday. I was going to get a book I had been taking notes on. Glad I didn't now as it would have costed me the same as the KU deal here. It's a part of the KU library, so I can go back to it again!