Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
tominator7
tominator7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle hd
Calibre Error Message

Hi. I'm trying to have Calibre read my Kindle HD. While reading the device it gets to 'Get list of books on device' 'Updating metadata cache on device' (@97% finished) and then it fails with the message: "Error communicating with device"

Details:
calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 502, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 275, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 301, in write_metadata_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2150236166 facility=42 error_code=6 description: The requested value cannot be determined.

I've used Calibre with this device before without a problem.

Also, I can read the Kindles information from my file explorer.

Kristin
tominator7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error sending a file to the device. You can try rebooting the device, that sometimes fixes this. And extreme measure is to reset the device, or if that is not possible, just use one of the wireless transfer methods to connect to your device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle