Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Chapter threshold

Could you please remove the Chapter threshold function from the toc section in convert books or make it an option with the default of off. I far as I can determine it serves no useful function.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It most definitely serves a useful function, it allows the toc to be built from the links for a book when only a few chapters are detected, a very common occurrence since chapter detection relies on having specific words in the text.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It most definitely serves a useful function, it allows the toc to be built from the links for a book when only a few chapters are detected, a very common occurrence since chapter detection relies on having specific words in the text.
I have never that problem, could you please make it default to off. For me all it does is make me have to redo a convert if I forget to make the number big enough i.e. level of 6 keep calibre from making a toc then I have to redo.

bernie
Old 08-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have never that problem, could you please make it default to off. For me all it does is make me have to redo a convert if I forget to make the number big enough i.e. level of 6 keep calibre from making a toc then I have to redo.

bernie
you set (first use) conversion DEFAULTS in Preferences:conversion: Common options
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
you set (first use) conversion DEFAULTS in Preferences:conversion: Common options
I would like it defaulted to off. Then if It so happens that I need to use it, turn it on--remember the KISS principal.

bernie
Advert
Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I would like it defaulted to off. Then if It so happens that I need to use it, turn it on--remember the KISS principal.

bernie
WELL turn yours OFF

Others want it on by default, and that is the way Kovid ships it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
WELL turn yours OFF

Others want it on by default, and that is the way Kovid ships it.
Quote:

If less than the Chapter threshold number of chapters were detected, calibre will then add any hyperlinks it finds in the input document to the Table of Contents. This often works well many input documents include a hyperlinked Table of Contents right at the start. The Number of links option can be used to control this behavior. If set to zero, no links are added. If set to a number greater than zero, at most that number of links is added.
Their is no off, you have the threshold set to add all of your chapters to the toc or none get added.

bernie

P.S. could not adding chapters to the toc if the number of chapters is greater than the threshold number be a bug?

Last edited by gbm; 08-15-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think you are misunderstanding what tha option does. It causes the ToC to be built from links instead of detected chapters if the number of detected chapters is small.

zero is off. Then links will never be added to the ToC if even one chapter is found.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote