Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
Thornt5748
Thornt5748 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
PW4 - Kindle Collections Manager (Non-Jailbroken)

Hi all,

Silly question here and i'm pretty sure the answers will be "No - it must be jailbroken" but...if you don't ask you don't know.

I am one of those people that purchased the PW4 8GB with SO from the Amazon Prime Day - unfortunately mine came with 5.10.3 factory FW that cannot be software jailbroken as of yet.

I have over 100+ collections (1050 books) within my Calibre Library - previously I was using "Kindle Collections Manager" on my Gen 1 PW to manage all of this.

Can any advise how I can go about putting all my books/collections on my new PW4 without having to create the individual collections on the kindle?

Thanks all
Thornt5748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Unfortunately, you're out of luck as far as automatic collection creation via Calibre goes.

If you're willing to use Amazon's cloud, easiest is probably Email-to-Kindle then just add books to collections via web browser or smartphone/tablet Kindle app.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
Iceyz
Iceyz began at the beginning.

Device: DX to PW5!
Same boat here. my advice would be to prevent further updates, pray someone works out an exploit in the future to jailbreak this (or a version you can upgrade to).
Iceyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #4
Thornt5748
Thornt5748 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Thanks for the responses guys.

I figured that was the case but I couldn't help but hope. I've gone through and created all the collections manually - now using Calibre to move them over - 1 series at the time.

So..it turns out that I was slightly wrong about the number of collections - I have 197...
Thornt5748 is offline   Reply With Quote