Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
rclott
rclott began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Sony 700 is Dead?

I think I let the battery drain too far. I didn't realize that it didn't charge from a standard USB charging adapter. I can plug it into my computer, it seems to be recharged now, and it is recognized. I can see the device and my books (from the PC, that is). But, I can't make the unit itself boot. It is continually on the charging/connected screen. Power switch and reset don't seem to have any effect. Help!
rclott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If the battery is completely drained it will take at least an overnight charge if connected via usb to your computer. Make sure the computer does not go to sleep and the usb port is supplying power the entire time. An alternative is to get a PSP charger which will fix the problem much quicker.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
rclott
rclott began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
thanks grooks. I do have a proper charger that I bought with, but it's tucked away in a cabinet at home. I'll dig it out and give the reader a thorough charge and see what happens next.
rclott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
longhair75
longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.longhair75 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I found that the USB port I was using on a PC was not really charging the device. It did not have anything to do with the Reader. Once I moved my Sony Library stuff to a different computer, the USB started charging the device again.
longhair75 is offline   Reply With Quote