Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
ANGSutton
ANGSutton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keaybroad
Series Details to transfer to Kindle

Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum so hope this is posted in the right place.

I am trying to get Calibre to transfer books in series to my kindle in the following format(s)

Title - Series No - Series

Or

Title - Series - Series No

I have tried to amend a formula given in an article but still get

Series - Series No - Title

Also some books could be in 2 (or more) series is there any way of showing this? For example Asimov Robot books also form part of the Foundation Series.

Thanks

ANGS
ANGSutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Tell us the formula you are trying to use. Better yet, if you are referring to chaley's Plugboards thread, ask about it there. A number of plugboard gurus are subscribed to that thread, including me. We can all think about it together.

About the series subseries issue, I use a custom column called #subseries which holds the Robot series description. Foundation would go in the main series column

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-10-2014 at 05:16 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

title - # - series
Code:
{title}{series_index:| - |}{series:| - |}
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
ANGSutton
ANGSutton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keaybroad
Thanks for the replies. I was not expecting such a quick reply and as I am going on holiday tomorrow I will not be able do anything with the information you kindly provided. I've not tried adding new columns. I assume you can't have a subseries number column/box like the series one. Does the column create a box on the switchboard.

When I return I will pursue this further.
ANGSutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGSutton View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was not expecting such a quick reply and as I am going on holiday tomorrow I will not be able do anything with the information you kindly provided. I've not tried adding new columns. I assume you can't have a subseries number column/box like the series one. Does the column create a box on the switchboard.

When I return I will pursue this further.
You must create a column of type="series-like text", (I'm away from my computer, and forget the exact wording of the option) which will act just like another series column.

You can edit it from the main view, or from the custom metadata tab (hidden if you don't have any) in the Edit Metadata window. (Although there is a calibre Tweak to integrate custom fields into the same tab.)
Advert