Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
calibre 7.19 Read aloud: reading sync

During reading, sometimes the highlighting sync is lost. (See attachment) While the reading is still busy with the text of the red box, the next paragraph is already highlighted. This fixes itself after finishing that next paragraph.

This is cannot manually be reproduced at will and occurs now and then and mostly (not always) when some (voice) configuration changes have been made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-09-28 152420.png
Views:	22
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	211081  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just saw this happen (It is YOUR FAULT I even tried ROL I normally do not use ROL).
It was still speaking the previous paragraph (about 2 sentences to go), when the highlight moved.
I then stayed in sync for the rest of what I was listening to on that page.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just saw this happen (It is YOUR FAULT I even tried ROL I normally do not use ROL).
I guess ROL=Reading Out Loud. To be precise: findings are mine, determination it is a FAULT is entirely up to you

Quote:
It was still speaking the previous paragraph (about 2 sentences to go), when the highlight moved.
I then stayed in sync for the rest of what I was listening to on that page.
That is exactly what I experienced.

Question: what did you do to start this to happen?
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I guess ROL=Reading Out Loud. To be precise: findings are mine, determination it is a FAULT is entirely up to you

That is exactly what I experienced.

Question: what did you do to start this to happen?
I read your post and decided to try ROL. Picked a book. Clicked the Megaphone Icon.
Have no clue Why.
One thing I noticed was the Hour glass just stayed until I clicked again in the book.
Code:
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.*

No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Publisher for any injury, damage or* financial loss sustained to persons or property from the use of this information, personal or otherwise, either directly or indirectly.* While every effort has been made to ensure reliability and accuracy of the information within, all liability, negligence or otherwise, from any use, misuse or abuse of the operation of any methods, strategies, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein, is the sole responsibility of the reader.
I think the Highlight jumped about after here.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
One thing I noticed was the Hour glass just stayed until I clicked again in the book.
Hmm, I did not see that. In my case it started directly to read with the default settings. I did use the pause, edit the configuration (other voice), and resumed the ROL. Then - sometimes -the un-syncing high-light happened.
Advert
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish

I did replicated your finding. Select for instance a page without text (cover page) and you continuously see this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-09-28 175755.png
Views:	5
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	211090  
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There can occasionally be a slight off sync after configuring, but this should be a temporary thing. If you can find a consistent reproducer I will take a look.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote