Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
YellowDart
YellowDart began at the beginning.

Device: none (yet)
Buying advice

Hello all,

I am looking to buy an e-book reader and after hours of browsing I've focused my target on getting a Pocketbook 902. The reasons for this choice are that I have a number of text books (many with diagrams) in pdf format and so the large screen would be necessary.

I live in the UK and have been browsing the few websites I have found that sell and deliver this pocketbook model to the UK and have so far found them to be very pricey. What sort of price would I be looking at at for ordering one of these to the UK?

I found the following link recently which states that the 902 is meant to be getting released in the UK this year at a price of approx £254, is this cheap price relistic?

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/n...-ebook-readers

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
YellowDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi YellowDart,
that article you linked is a bit weird, as the Pocketbook Pro devices have been sold in the UK since last November at least. You can either buy directly in the UK from the greenreader or from Germany's pocketgoods (these are sites that a few of us have bought from without problems).
£269 seems to me a bit too optimistic, unless what they have in mind in the article you linked is new models - I read yesterday on the Russian forum that there will be new models coming, but it is not exactly clear when and what - my suspicion is that it will "only" be a change in screen to the existing models (and sincerely hope so, as tehy still have some work to do on the firmware), in which case the "old" PB902 may come down in price. But this is just a wild conjecture (and bear also in mind that I do not speak Russina, but rely on google translate!)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
warranty fear

Hi, I'm also willing to buy a PB 902 but I don't know to what seller to trust (considering they will treat me well in case of warranty need). I'm thinking about buying from http://www.digital-readers.de/, do you know something about them ?
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
Hi, I'm also willing to buy a PB 902 but I don't know to what seller to trust (considering they will treat me well in case of warranty need). I'm thinking about buying from http://www.digital-readers.de/, do you know something about them ?
Hi,

we've delivered a lot of Pocketbook Pro's to Romania too. So don't hesitate!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, pdf format, pocketbook 902, united kingdom