Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:01 PM   #1
Xylon
Xylon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Restored backup is reset again after next "Importing content" Calibre sync, any idea?

Hi all,

I'm trying to restore a backup created by KoboUtilities, but I'm running into an issue where the next "Importing content" after a Calibre sync resets all progress. Basically I've done the following:

1. Factory reset the device
2. Copied the books back with Calibre. See unread status on all books.
3. Copy database from backup to device. Disconnect it from explorer. It now shows the old progress on all books and all the highlights. Restarting also keeps the progress. Exactly what I want.
4. Copy books from Calibre (only the ones that weren't in the backupped database, so not the ones that are showing progress).
5. After I disconnect it and the ereader does the "Importing content", I see the books, one by one, resetting to 0% progress and unread.

Any idea how I can keep the progress on the books after the backup, and after adding new books using Calibre? Did I do something in the wrong order?

Thank you.
Xylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The only way I can duplicate your results to to send the books that were already on the Kobo to the Kobo after the database restore.

After a factory reset, I will use the Kobo Utlities store/restore current bookmark to reset the reading status, etc. I also use the Update metadata in Device Library to set the Data Added to the Date the book was added to calibre.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert