Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
z537815
Enthusiast
z537815 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo TB-X704F
Sigil 1.8.0 and MathMl

Am running Sigil 1.8.0 on Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Build 19043.1288.

I have an Epub3 document with fairly extensive MathMl-code. Sigil doesn't seem to be rendering the equations properly anymore. It used to (1.7.0). Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 renders the equations without any problem.

Did I miss something? This is the first problem with Sigil 1.8.0 that I've encountered, since I installed it recently.

Thx for any info.
z537815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z537815 View Post
I have an Epub3 document with fairly extensive MathMl-code. Sigil doesn't seem to be rendering the equations properly anymore. It used to (1.7.0). Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 renders the equations without any problem.
It renders the MathML samples from the epub test sample file fine on my Windows machine.
What's your operating system?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And mathml works on macOS as well.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could have disabled javascript in your Sigil Preferences. Displaying mathml requies MathJax which is a javascript based library.

Try enabling javasrcipt in Sigil Preferences->General Settings->Security (tab).
Old 10-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There were no changes I can think of from 1.7 to 1.8 that would affect any kind of Preview rendering.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I did notice some changes to settings upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8 --- namely I had to go and re-assign "open with" when right-clicking on an image file. I didn't consciously do anything different when installing 1.8, so there may be something in the installer process that changes the defaults???
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:38 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Nothing that I know of. All my normal settings were retained on all my test machines. Both real and virtual.

EDIT: actually, the Windows installer itself doesn't create/edit/move/delete any of Sigil's user preferences. All of the .ini files (where the settings are stored) are created by Sigil.exe when first run. The defaults (and any subsequent modifications) are handled by Sigil itself.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-30-2021 at 05:52 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:18 PM   #8
z537815
Enthusiast
z537815 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo TB-X704F
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Could have disabled javascript in your Sigil Preferences. Displaying mathml requies MathJax which is a javascript based library.

Try enabling javasrcipt in Sigil Preferences->General Settings->Security (tab).
It was indeed Javascript having been disabled that caused it. I enabled it and now it works.

Sorry. I guess I just forgot to enable it, or else I disabled it (I'm a bit paranoid) foirgetting that I needed it for MathMl.

Thx.
z537815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Glad to hear it! I did that myself a few times. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z537815 View Post
It was indeed Javascript having been disabled that caused it. I enabled it and now it works.

Sorry. I guess I just forgot to enable it, or else I disabled it (I'm a bit paranoid) foirgetting that I needed it for MathMl.

Thx.

Tags
mathml, sigil 1.8.0